chapter 3

It was Jakes second day of school and he was determined to have a good day. He got up nice and early, brushed his teeth and had a good breakfast. He did everything with one thing in the back of his mind, Hailey Austin. Jake swore she put him under a spell of some sort because she would not get out of his head, he didnt mind though.

He made it to his enlgish classroom and took a deep breath before opening the door. A few kids glanced at him but quickly went back to what they were doing. The teacher wasnt there yet so everyone was just mucking around.

Jake scanned the class, he didnt want to sit at the front so he walked to an empty table near the back. He had no friends in his classes because Milly was a year younger and Sean was a year older. He put his stuff down and plopped down on his seat. The teacher walked in and clapped her hands.

"Okay everyone! Attention please"

The lesson was slow and boring. About 20 minutes in somebody rushed through the door.

"Sorry we are late miss!"

The teacher sighed, "Its okay Hailey, just dont do it again."

Jake looked up at the name, was it Hailey Austin? He spotted the familiar teal haired girl and smiled to himself. He looked to the side of her to see a slightly shorter purple haired boy, who was that? Her boyfriend??

"Come on Zander" she whisper- shouted. Hailey sat at a desk infront of Jake, while Zander went to sit with Luke.

This was Jakes chance to become friends with her.

"Psst, hailey" Jake whispered, trying to get her attention. Hailey heard him, but chose to ignore him. She wasnt gonna ruin another persons life.

"Haileyy" He whispered, a little louder. She
rolled her eyes and kept looking at the teacher, well this was going well. Jake sighed and sat back in his chair, an idea popped up in his head and he ripped a bit of paper off and scribbled down something.

hi hailey the note read.

He made sure the teacher wasnt looking and slid the paper onto her desk. Hailey looked down and opened it up. She looked back at Jake who was smiling slightly. She rolled her eyes once again but grabbed a pencil and wrote something. She handed it back to Jake and he opened it.

why do you keep trying to talk to me?

Jake thought for a second before writing something else down and passing it to Hailey.

Because i want to be your friend :)

Hailey sighed and wrote something else.

Well dont, it will ruin your life. Youll turn into a music freak like me. Just stop talking to me

She handed it back to Jake, he read over it and frowned. He decided to leave her alone for now but he wasnt gonna let this stop him, he was gonna be friends with her no matter what.

—————————————

Hailey and Zander walked home in silence, the only sound being the light wind rustling the leaves. Hailey opened her mouth to say something but stopped. She looked down at her feet and listened to the steady rhythm of them patting against the concrete. She finally looked up and faced her brother.

"Um.. theres this boy" she mumbled.

Zanders head shot up, "WHAT?! DO YOU LIKE HIM?"

Haileys cheeks flushed red, "what! No! God, Zander."

"Uh huh sure, then who is this boy" he said, glaring at his sister.

"Well, I'm not too sure actually. His names Jake and he keeps trying to be friends with me and i thought id get your opinion on it" she said, fiddling with her fingers.

Zander raised and eyebrow then quickly dropped it, "alright."

Hailey sighed at his response.

"Well, I dont know if you shohld Hailey. Youve gotten so hurt from people in the past calling themselves your so called 'friends'" he said.

Hailey looked down, maybe he was right. I mean she didnt really need anybody else besides her brother and Luke, right? But deep down she wanted to be that girl that had a whole group, the girl everyone wanted to be friends with. I suppose thatll just exist in her dreams though. Friends just stab you in the back. She sighed again and nodded at his response.