Chapter 4 (Lividstar)

The she-cat stood in front of her den, she couldn't even call ShadowClan a clan anymore, they barely had any cats before Blazeclaw took the senior warriors with him.

The she-cat felt the presence of Silentstone next to her, she took a deep breath before turning to him.

"what is it, Silentstone?" she asked, sitting down and lifting her paw so she could clean the annoying, thick mud from between her pads.

The camp had been overrun with mud and debris after a mudslide that had happened on the night the ThunderClan Cats came to help.

"Shall we focus more on the dens now?" he suggested, sitting down next to her "I've been hearing complaints that they are still muddy and that the breeze keeps entering."

Lividstar closed her eyes for a moment, she opened them with a sigh and turned to him "yes, take Coyotepaw, Monarchpaw and Dawnpaw." she decided.

"very well, but," he looked at her with concern "can I take you on a walk?" he asked "you seem distant and distressed."

Lividstar rolled her eyes in annoyance "I am perfectly fine!" she snapped, she hadnt been able to sleep well, that was clear.

"Lividstar, you've known me since we were apprentices, you can tell me." he urged, she sighed.

"I fear that ShadowClan may be gone unless it gets more cats." she explained "the only reason why the camp feels like a camp is because part of ThunderClan is here."

Silentstone nodded, he sighed "I fear that too, I have a suggestion, you may not like it but it could help strengthen ShadowClan."

Lividstar glanced at him curiously "and what may that be?" she asked, he smiled "when I was out on patrol, you probably heard of it, we ran into a group of loners." he stood up.

She nodded "yes, they were just inside our borders." Silentstone urged her onto her paws and led the way out of the camp.

"they were kicked out of their home, they said a large, battered group of rogues kicked them out and chased them away." Silentstone continued, leading her towards the lake.

If she was going to snap at him, he'd rather have her do it somewhere where nobody could hear them.

"they've been traveling since Blazeclaw and his rogues kicked them out, they were in a hurry and told me that they were far, far away by now." Lividstar listened closely.

"so, we don't have to worry about them returning anytime soon, but still, those cats need a home, a safe place." Silentstone murmured, Lividstar started to get impatient.

"why's that my problem?" she retorted, Silentstone chuckled at her attitude "maybe you could offer them to join ShadowClan?" he suggested quietly.

Her eyes widened in shock and anger rose through her body, her brows furrowed but she nodded for him to continue.

"they aren't that old, they are just a few strays, a few kits too, you should offer them a home, you could teach them the Warrior Code, they could take a little trial to see if they want to stay." he hurriedly added to his suggestion.

"a trial?" her fur went flat, she sat down and faced the lake, watching the ripples of the waves.

"we could offer them to stay about a moon or so, let them see what clan life is, then they can decide to join or not." Silentstone explained.

"do you know where they are?" she asked, Silentstone shook his head "no, but Monarchpaw is pretty good at tracking."

"very well, I want you to take Monarchpaw and
Shadowingscar and offer the loners a place to stay, but first, send Coyotepaw, Bloodpaw and Dawnpaw out to fix the dens." she decided.