Chapter 9 (Sagepaw)

Sagepaw shared a shocked glance with his sister.

The clans hadn't forgotten about SkyClan, all kits were told the tales about the fifth clan.

They left because half of the clan went to join the first HuntClan, Rubblestar had taken his clan and decided to follow the river that connected to the lake and settle beyond the twoleg-place and away from HuntClan.

Rubblestar had promised that they could seek SkyClan out if they needed help.

"we have a SkyClan apprentice, she could lead a mingled patrol to her territory!" someone shouted.

More Cats started shouting out ideas until Sharpstar put an end to it.

"Silence!"

The shouting died away and the Clans stared up at Sharpstar "we need to find SkyClan, that's for sure, we need to send out a patrol, but ShadowClan barely has any cats, we should focus on helping them first and then sending out a mingled patrol."

"no offense, Lividstar." he added, the she-cat dipped her head "I agree with you, Sharpstar, I cannot sent any cat on the patrol."

"we should wait until ShadowClan is stronger, they have Cats learning about the Clans, maybe afterwards they have decided, we can send out the patrol?" Stonestar suggested.

The leaders agreed, they'd have to wait, and in the mean time, Sagepaw could figure out how to help ShadowClan.

"right, ThunderClan, you know who to follow, Stonestar, Flamestar, may StarClan light your path's, it's time to end the Gathering." Sharpstar said.

The leaders dipped their heads and they jumped down, "Clans, if you want to finish conversations, do it now, we will wait!" Flamestar called out.

Sagepaw hurried over to his littermate's, only he would be going, as Timberpaw was a medicine cat apprentice.

"see you next Gathering, perhaps we'll see each other on border patrols." he said, touching their noses.

"see you then, Sagepaw, and make sure to keep an eye on our clanmates." Coyotepaw said.

Sagepaw let out a purr as he felt Aquawhisper lick him between his ears.

"don't cause trouble, and listen to Lividstar." she told him, he nodded and turned around, burying his muzzle in her fur.

Sharpstar trailed his tail over his back, giving his ear a lick "may StarClan light your path."

He purred and felt his littermates slide up against him, purring against him.

Silentstone padded away towards Lividstar, he touched noses with her "keep an eye on Sagepaw, he might get a little annoyed at some things, or lose his patience with the loners." he told her.

She nodded "I will, I should get going." she replied, he nodded and raised his voice.

"ThunderClan, go with Lividstar!"

Sagepaw separated from his kin and padded over to the ShadowClan leader, Wolfpaw and Smokepaw followed him, along with warriors and the cats of ShadowClan.

"follow me." Lividstar said, leading them through the undergrowth and onto the tree bridge.

He followed after Flamingheart and used his tail to balance him, his claws dug deep into the bark.

The she-cat led the cats away in a steady trot, Sagepaw padded next to his denmates.

It wasn't long before they reached the pine forest, Lividstar confidently padded forward, yet Sagepaw hesitated.