Chapter 8 (Coyotepaw And Monarchpaw)

The apprentice followed her mentor, they were trying to find their clanmate.

Silentstone sniffed around, dark droplets were covering a few needles, he recognized it as Monarchpaw's blood.

"I found blood, he must've been fighting." he told her, Coyotepaw looked up, alarm sparking in her gaze.

"then we need to find him, quickly." she responded, wary of her surroundings as if something would jump out of the undergrowth at any moment.

Silentstone gave a nod, agreeing with her, before he moved he thought for a moment.

"we should find out who or what attacked him." he said, the bracken-colored she-cat walked over and sniffed at the blood.

"maybe we should split up? One of us could go and follow Monarchpaw's scent and one of us tries to find what attacked him?" she suggested.

He shook his head "no, it's dark and dangerous, if we had more cats we could do your idea." he explained.

"we'll both go and search for whatever attacked him, their scents should cross." Silentstone decided.

Coyotepaw gave a nod and started scenting for another scent that crossed her brothers.

It wasn't long before she had found another scent.

Rogues.

"Silentstone, it was rogues!" she called out to her mentor, he turned around and growled.

"lead the way!" he called back, Coyotepaw gave a nod and ran ahead, Silentstone behind her.

She felt her blood start to boil, the rogues still thought they could roam around in ShadowClan territory.

The trail was fresh, they weren't far away, Silentstone was now running besides her, slowing down a little.

Coyotepaw followed his pace until they came to a halt next to the ThunderClan border.

Silentstone motioned for her to stay quiet and crouched down, peering out from behind a holly bush.

The scent was very fresh, they must've passed here moments before, and by the many rogue scents, Silentstone knew they were with many and he wasn't keen on meeting them headfirst by rushing in.

He didn't see any cats, only a trail of muddy pawsteps crossing into ThunderClan Territory, he narrowed his eyes.

Monarchpaw might've crossed into ThunderClan territory in search for help.

"they're in ThunderClan territory," he told her, she nodded "should we go and track them?" she asked.

He shook his head "I will, you are going to the ThunderClan camp to get more warriors."

She frowned "what if they find you?" she asked, worried for her mentor "then I'll fight."

"but they're with many." she tried to reason "but they don't know the fighting skills of warriors, I'll be fine, I promise," he told her.

"and the quicker you are, the faster I'll get help." he told her, she nodded "okay." she agreed reluctantly.

"go, I'll continue tracking them." he told her, she nodded and peered out from behind the bush before she stalked into the undergrowth of ThunderClan territory.

It was pretty late, she might just run into the border patrol, she glanced around before she broke into a run.

She knew her territory well, even in complete darkness. She ran towards the ThunderClan camp, her paws pounding across the ground.