Chapter Six.

The boat docked on another part of an island, and Lacey pretended to be sick so that she could stay in her room and shove her tongue down the blonde guy's throat

The boat docked on another part of an island, and Lacey pretended to be sick so that she could stay in her room and shove her tongue down the blonde guy's throat. So, I was stuck alone with my parents, which isn't all that bad, especially since we're going to a beach today, meaning I'll be left alone on the sand to read a book while they splash around in the ocean with a sea creature watching every movement they make and make a plan on swimming up to bite their legs off.

When we reach a few of the loungers stuck in the sand, I plop down on one and immediately start to pull my book out of my bag. However, my dad stops me from starting to read when he decides to question me.

"You know, I noticed you haven't been hanging out with your friend lately. Something happen?" That's totally not a question that I wanted to hear, nor answer. If I don't answer it, it'll just cause more questions to pop up, so I have no other choice.

"I have been, but this is a family vacation." It's a half-lie. "I should be spending time with you guys and Lacey, not someone I just met." I should've been doing that the entire time instead of fucking some guy I just met.

"You should be having fun." My mom nudges my arm, an encouraging smile on her face. "I'm sure it's not that fun to hang out with us all day. You should find your friend."

"Maybe I will later." I mutter a lie, seeing my mom nod, but there's clear worry in her eyes. She knows something happened, but she just doesn't know what, and she's not going to ask about it because I've already put my full attention into the book in my hands.

My parents leave me alone and go out to the ocean to enjoy themselves before they're eaten alive by a sea creature. I only get about two chapters deep into the book before I'm interrupted by my phone ringing. When I glance at it and see Julianna's name on the screen, I don't even hesitate to answer it.

"You've interrupted my reading time, so this better be good." Julianna scoffs when I say that.

"This is good." She assures me, causing me to shove the bookmark between the pages and close the book on it. "I was at a party last night, and I ran into Josh. He showed me the picture you sent to him and asked me if I knew anything about it."

"What'd you tell him?" I ask her as my eyes migrate to the ocean, where my parents are having the time of their lives splashing around like teenagers.

"Obviously I told him that you upgraded. From the looks of that picture, I was right, too. Damn, that man is hot as hell." I bite my lips as my thoughts go right back to Colt. "What's his name? I'll bet it's just as hot as he looks—"

"Doesn't matter. It was a one-time thing, and it's not happening again. He was just helping me with Josh, and it seems like it worked." Julianna hums for a while, as if she's thinking about something.

"Alright, what happened?" I take a deep breath, preparing myself to tell her. I'm not going to keep her in the dark, she knows every little thing about me, right down to my bra size.