Chapter 5

As the days passed, Matsu, Calie, and Marie focused on preparing for Peony's first birthday, knowing it would be a joyous occasion. Matsu's health remained a concern, but he did his best to manage his condition with the help of doctors and treatments. He wanted to be present and fully involved in the celebration for his little girl. On the day of Peony's first birthday, the house was filled with laughter and excitement. Balloons adorned the living room, and a table was set up with a small birthday cake and colorful decorations. Peony, now walking confidently on her own, clapped her hands with glee as she saw the festive setup. "Matsu, this looks amazing! Peony is going to love it," Marie said, giving her best friend a warm hug. Matsu smiled, grateful for the support of his best friends. "I wanted to make this day as special as possible for her," he replied.

Peony squealed with delight, reaching out to touch the balloons and giggling at the vibrant colors. The friends gathered around as Matsu placed the birthday cake in front of Peony. "Alright, Peony, it's time to make a wish and blow out the candle," Calie said, encouraging the young girl. Peony looked at the candle with wide eyes, unsure of what to do. But with a little help from her family, she blew out the candle, her face lighting up with joy as everyone cheered. "Matsu, you did it. You made it to her first birthday," Yumiko said, tears welling up in her eyes. Matsu smiled, feeling a mix of emotions. "Yes, and I'm grateful for every moment," he replied, his voice filled with love for his friends and Peony. The day continued with games, laughter, and love as the friends and family celebrated Peony's milestone. Matsu watched his daughter, cherishing every smile and giggle. He knew that despite the challenges he faced, moments like these made it all worth it.

As the sun began to set, the found family gathered in the garden, sitting under the stars. Matsu held Peony in his arms, feeling the weight of her growing presence in his life. "Happy birthday, my little Peony," he whispered, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead. Peony smiled up at her father, her eyes filled with love and trust. "Dada, I wuv you" she said, her first word now filled with even more meaning. "I love you too, Peony," Matsu said, holding her close. "You're the light of my life, and I'll do everything I can to be here for you, every step of the way." As the found family basked in the warmth of the evening, Matsu felt a renewed sense of hope. Despite the challenges that lay ahead, he knew that the love and support of his friends, especially Peony's innocent joy, would give him the strength to face whatever the future held. However, Matsu was well aware that his condition could pose a danger to them in the future.

After Peony's first birthday, the Kagayaki family faced a momentous decision - whether to reveal her existence to the public media. They knew that keeping her hidden would only lead to more complications and potential controversies in the future. After long discussions and careful consideration, they decided that it was time to share Peony's presence with the world. In the next week the family had invited the media and reporters to join the in a interview in the estate. Cameras flashed as Peony, dressed in a charming little dress, smiled and giggled in her father's arms. The atmosphere was electric with excitement and curiosity. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have an important announcement to make today," he began, his voice resonating with sincerity. "This beautiful girl right here, Peony, is a cherished member of our family. She is my daughter, and she holds a special place in all our hearts." Gasps of surprise echoed through the crowd as reporters scribbled notes and aimed their microphones at Matsu.

He continued, "We have chosen to reveal Peony's existence today because we believe in the power of love, acceptance, and unity. She is our family, and we are proud to share our joy with the world." Yumiko, Iyomei, and Khamenei stood beside Matsu, showing their unwavering support for Peony. "Our family is defined by love, not just by blood," Yumiko added. "Peony has brought immense happiness to all of us, and we want her to grow up in a world filled with love and understanding." As the media continued to document the occasion, Calie and Marie stood next to the Kagayaki family, offering their heartfelt support. "Peony is a symbol of love and friendship," Calie said, her voice resolute. "She has enriched our lives, and we are here to stand with her and her family." Marie chimed in, "We hope that Peony's story inspires others to embrace the diversity and beauty that each individual brings into this world."The news of Peony's existence spread like wildfire through the media, touching the hearts of countless people. Messages of love and support flooded social media platforms, and the Kagayaki family became a beacon of hope for others. In the weeks that followed, Peony's life continued to be a celebration of love and unity.