Chapter 10

The growing presence of the Kagayaki family and their unique powers did not go unnoticed in Ironhaven. As rumors spread and people learned more about the family's abilities, tensions and divisions began to emerge within the city. Some citizens feared the family and viewed them as a potential threat, while others were drawn to them, seeking to exploit their powers for their own gain. One day, as Matsu was walking through the bustling streets of Ironhaven, he overheard hushed whispers and glances directed towards him and his friends. He could sense the fear and unease in the air, and it weighed heavily on his heart. As he reached the Kagayaki estate, he found Calie and Marie in the garden, talking softly amongst themselves. "I can feel it too, Matsu," Calie said, her voice tinged with sadness. "People are scared of us." Marie nodded in agreement. "It's not just fear, it's resentment too. They see us as outsiders, as something unnatural." Matsu sighed, his shoulders sagging. "I never wanted to cause this kind of division. I just wanted to protect our family and the people we care about."

"You can't control how others perceive us," Calie said gently, placing a reassuring hand on Matsu's shoulder. "But we can show them who we truly are." Marie nodded. "We need to be ourselves and let our actions speak for us. If they see that we're using our powers for good, maybe they'll come to accept us." Matsu smiled gratefully at his sisters. "You're right. We'll just have to prove ourselves and show them that we're not a threat." As days turned into weeks, the tensions in Ironhaven escalated. The media began to cover the family's activities extensively, which further fueled the public's fascination and fear. Some even started to organize protests, demanding that the Kagayaki family be removed from the city. One evening, as the family gathered for dinner, Matsu received a phone call from Yumiko. Her voice was tense as she informed him of a situation brewing in Eclipse City. "Matsu, there are rumors spreading that some extremist groups are planning to attack our family." Matsu's heart sank at the news. "Are you okay, Yumiko?" "We're fine for now, but we're taking extra precautions," Yumiko replied. "I just wanted to warn you to be careful."

As the days passed, the family faced increasing challenges. They received threatening letters and messages, and the pressure mounted on Matsu as he tried to balance his studies, training, and the safety of his family. One afternoon, as Matsu was practicing his aura training in the garden, he noticed a group of protesters gathering outside the estate. He could hear their shouts and angry chants, and he felt a surge of anxiety and fear. Peony, who was playing nearby, sensed her father's distress and ran over to him. "Papa, why are they yelling?" Peony asked, her eyes wide with confusion. Matsu crouched down to her level, trying to put on a brave face. "They're just upset about some things, Peony. But don't worry, we'll be okay." Peony frowned, not fully understanding the situation. "I don't like it. I want everyone to be happy." Matsu smiled, pulling her into a comforting embrace. "I know, Peony. We all want that too. But sometimes, people are scared of things they don't understand. We just have to show them that we're good people and that we care about them." Peony nodded, seemingly satisfied with the answer. "Okay, papa. I'll help you show them."

As the days went on, the family faced numerous challenges. There were moments of fear and uncertainty, but they also found strength in their unity and love for one another. Matsu and his sisters continued to use their powers responsibly, helping those in need and standing up against injustice. Meanwhile, Old Man Steele's health continued to decline, and the family faced the prospect of losing their beloved mentor and friend. They gathered around him, offering their love and support as he navigated his final days.One evening, as the sun set over Ironhaven, the family stood together on the rooftop of the Kagayaki estate, watching the city below. The city lights twinkled like stars in the night sky, a reminder of the beauty and complexity of life. "I never thought we'd face so many challenges," Marie said, her voice soft. "But we faced them together," Calie added, intertwining her fingers with Marie's. Matsu nodded, feeling a sense of pride in his family's resilience. "And we'll continue to face them together, no matter what comes our way."