Chapter 1

"Charonne are you coming? Our luggage is here" my mother yells, pointing towards some sign as we walk through the airport. This is our first day in Australia and I already hate it here. My friends who live in Amsterdam have already sent me like a thousand texts to ask me how I like it here. Well, quite frankly: I don't.
I respond to them as quickly as I can and take my suitcase, handed to me by my father.
"Cheer up darling" he tells me. "I swear, you will love the new house it is re---" "really big. And I will have my own 'huge' room. Yeah I know dad." I interrupt. I try to calm down and make the best of it. Walking towards the van that's ought to take us to our new house.
'Welcome to Sydney'

------

I sort my things out and put them in my new closet. I have to admit, this is an amazing house. It is so spacious and very close to my new school so I can easily ride my bike. It's not too far away from some streets where a few shops and a bakery are located.

"Mom, can I go for a walk? I need to get some air" I say, looking into our new kitchen where my mom is cooking dinner.
"Okay love, but please be back in an hour. Dinner will be ready by then" she replies smiling, looking up from the vegetables laying on one of the counters. I nod and decide to quickly change my clothes. It's super hot here, which I didn't expect. I put on some black shorts and a pink crop top. I brush my long, brown hair and I look in the mirror to check my make up.

I grab the keys from my desk and walk down the marble stairs.

----------

The sun is burning my slightly tanned skin and I feel my eyes avoiding the sky. Although I'm wearing my sunglasses, I am blinded. I look at my feet. They hurt so bad.
I walk around the next corner I see, trying to find some shade but instead I bump into someone. I probably pushed really hard, because the boy I collided with falls on the ground.
His cigarette falls out of his hand and he blows out his smoke before starting to shout.
"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? YOU GOT SHIT IN YOUR EYES?" He shouts as he looks at his cigarette, picks it up and puts it back in his mouth, not caring it fell. Not caring he fell. He quickly stands up, he hadn't even seen me yet. "For fuck--" he stops in the middle of his sentence, looking down on me. My jaw slowly drops. He is gorgeous. His sunkissed skin looks perfect and soft and on his arms he has got a few tattoos. His black tank top is hanging loosely around his trained body and I can see his knees, as his skinny jeans are ripped. His black hair looks so fluffy and I can't stop staring at how perfect he looks. That cigarette would normally gross me out, but he takes sexiness to another level.
"I'm sorry gorgeous, I didn't get your name" he suddenly says. I blink before closing my mouth and I shake my head. "You wouldn't be able to pronounce it anyways" I tell him slightly laughing to myself. "That's no Australian accent is it?" He asks.
"I'm Dutch, it's my first day here. My name is Charonne" I say as I reach for his hand. He shakes it. "Calum. Calum Hood" he replies. I smile at him and just when he is about to ask me something, my phone starts ringing. 'Shit' I whisper.
"Ja mam, ik kom. Doei" I tell my mom.
"What does that mean?" He says laughing. "It means I'm coming home" I quickly say before starting to walk away. "Oh well bye uhmm... Char! Hope to see you again" He yells. I smile without him seeing it.

During dinner I can't stop thinking about him. When will I see him again?