Chapter 2

On the other side, Nandini went inside Dr. Shashank's cabin while Aryaman went to the rented flat Nandini has taken for her short stay in Mumbai. Dr. Shashank was really happy to see Nandini after so long because he loved her as his daughter. But, he didn't show his happiness because he was upset for her deeds, though he and Dr. Smriti didn't believe the letter, but still they feel that Nandini could have discussed her problems with them at least instead of giving so much pain to Manik.

Dr. Shashank: Hello Dr. Murthy, welcome to Sanjivani. We wanted Dr. Banerjee to come for this surgery, but he is in Australia right now, so he only suggested your name as you are an expert in this type of cases. So, let's get into work. These are the case details, you can study them as you already know the condition of the patient. We can start the surgery in next two hours. Dr. Mukti will assist you.

Nandini was really upset seeing such formal behaviour of Dr. Shashank, but she understood the reason and made herself strong not to fall weak. She took the file from him.

Dr. Shashank: Let me call the HOD of Gynecology department Dr. Smriti and you can discuss the details with her.

After 2 minutes Dr. Smriti came and she also had the same emotion as Dr. Shashank. Nandini was the closest to Dr. Smriti. After discussing about the details both of them came out of Dr. Shashank's cabin.

Dr. Smriti: So, let's start at around 3 pm Dr. Murthy.

Nandini: Madam, won't you talk to me like before and call me Nandini?

Dr. Smriti: You are not my Nandini, my Nandini wouldn't have run away from problems and give such pain to the people who loved her. My Nandini used to trust us with her problems, which you never did. You never considered us as your own from whom you could take help. Why would I call you Nandini then?

Dr. Smriti's eyes also had little tears, it's difficult to say such words to your student whom you love like your daughter.

Nandini (teary eyes): Madam, that was the thing needed to be done that time. I won't justify my actions, but I had to do that. I hope someday you will call me as before.

Dr. Smriti: Once you can make everything like before, once you can bring my Manik and Nandini back to me, I will.

Nandini (avoiding this topic): Madam, I will study this for an hour and start the surgery. Thank you for your cooperation.

Saying this Nandini left. A tear drop fell from Dr. Smriti's eyes. She understood that Nandini still loves Manik. Wiping that tear she prayed to God to make everything like before.

It was around 6.30 pm when Nandini was done with the surgery and it was successful. Both the mother and the baby were fine. Mukti was also very happy to see Nandini.

(Mukti and Abhimanyu knew that Nandini left, but they don't know the reason. Only Manik, Dhruv, Alya, Dr. Shashank and Dr. Smriti know about the letter. Initially Manik didn't tell anyone about the letter apart from Dhruv and Alya who were there when he found the letter. Later on Dr. Smriti forced Manik to tell, and seeing her motherly affection Manik told them about the letter. )

Mukti: Nandini Di, I am so happy that you are here. I don't know what happened between you both, but I have seen your love and I strongly believe you both still love each other the same way like before if not more. There must be some strong reason for your disappearance, but please don't leave Manik Bhai now, he has stopped living his life. Dhruv bhai is always there with him, because of Dhruv Bhai he is little okay now. Only you can bring him back to life.

Nandini: Thanks for showing trust on me Mukti. I don't know what I will be able to do, I am here only for some days, but I will try to make Manik like before. And I am very happy for you and Abhi that you guys got engaged. Many congratulations dear.

Mukti: Thank you Di, but I believe that destiny has brought you here to get you two together again and this time forever. True love never loses Di. I will leave now Di, Abhi will be waiting, today was his off day.

Saying this Mukti left. Nandini thought

Nandini (in mind): All of you want us together, even I want. Though it's not that easy, I will not give up. I don't know if I could have done something else 5 years back, but this time I am gonna fight for us. I am not going to let anyone harm my Manik. I failed to recognize the person behind everything 5 years back and left this place. But now I know who is behind this and this time the person has made a bigger mess. I have to bring Manik out of this mess anyhow and then I will let everyone know about it. If I tell anything before nobody will allow me to do this or they will want to help me, but that can be risky for Manik. I can't take the risk. I will follow my plan only. After everything is fine, I can go back to my lifeline, my Manik. Somehow I knew Manik will never believe that letter, he trusts me too much and that's my strength. I had to write this letter for some reason, to save someone and I did that. Now I will mend everything, everything. We will be together Manik, hamesha...

A determined Nandini wiped her tears and left Sanjivani to reach her flat.

Who was the person behind everything???

Nandini wrote the letter to save someone... Whom?? ?

What's the bigger mess this time???