Character Sketch

Manik Malhotra: A Cardiologist by profession, working in Sanjivani hospital in Mumbai, 30 years old, husband of Nandini, eagerly waiting for her since last 5 years. Childhood friend of Alya, soul brother of Cabir, Buddy of Dhruv. Manik is very passionate about folk music, those music always touch his soul, he wanted to learn folk, but his father was against that as he believed it will be a waste of time as nobody will listen to these kind of music nowadays. He made him join a guitar class where he learnt rock music, but peace of his soul was always folk, which he learnt secretly on his own after his Mother bought him a Dotara (a folk instrument) hiding from his father. Tried to sing some folk music in school with his friends, but some of used to make fun of them for playing old folk songs, even Alya always tried to make him understand that he shouldn't play those kind of music, instead he should play rock music more, which is a modern trend. After that he never played folk in front of anyone believing that nobody will understand him, but always played secretly in his room. It gave him peace.

Nandini Murthy/ Malhotra: A Gynaecologist by profession, working in Lifecare hospital in Assam, 30 years old, wife of Manik, loves Manik a lot, but left him 5 years ago for some reason. Like a sister to Cabir, best friend of Dhruv and Aryaman. She loves folk music a lot and has learnt professional folk music. She belives that these songs are generated from the heart of the ordinary people who work in fields, the sailors who goes with the boat in the sea everyday, the people who are far from this sophisticated world and found peace in nature, which adds to its beauty reflecting the soul of the nation.

Cabir Dhawan: A Neurologist by profession, 32 years old working in UK. He left Sanjivani along with Nandini because he knew the reason behind her decision and he couldn't see his sister and soul brother suffering (Is that the only reason? ). He is in contact with Nandini and Aryaman only.

Dhruv Vedant: A Cardiologist by profession, working in Sanjivani hospital in Mumbai, 30 years old, Buddy of Manik, best friend of Nandini, wants Manan back together. Loved someone which only Nandini and Cabir know.

Alya Saxena: A Orthopedic surgeon by profession, working in Sanjivani hospital in Mumbai, 30 years old. Plays electric guitar and rock songs, not professionally though. Childhood friend of Manik, loves him more than a friend (she thinks), but knows about his love for Nandini and his marriage with her. She is furious at Nandini for leaving Manik and believes that letter written by Nandini. She feels helpless and frustrated unable to convince Manik to move on from Nandini.

Aryaman Khurana: A Neurologist by profession, working in Lifecare hospital in Assam, 30 years old, childhood best friend of Nandini and had a great bond with Rishab. Knows about Nandini's past with Manik and supports Nandini in everything. He has some feelings for Nandini, but knowing about Manan, he believes that they both are meant to be together.

Navya Khurana: A Neurologist by profession, 27 years old working in UK, Aryaman's sister. She had a great bond with Nandini and she had feelings for Rishab from childhood, but she was shattered after his disappearance. Aryaman came back to India after his Masters, whereas Navya stayed back in UK only, is a good friend of Cabir now (only friend? ).

Mukti Vardhan and Abhimanyu Thakkar:  They are juniors of Manik of Nandini in Sanjivani. They love Manan a lot. Mukti and Abhimanyu are in a relationship, both are 28 years old.

Raj and Nyonika Malhotra: Parents of Manik, love him a lot, but they are always busy in Business, can't give time to him which he craves for from childhood. Raj has given a big responsibility to Nyonika as she was highly educated which kept her busy always. She was a folk singer, but couldn't continue this because of business. She is happy that Manik loves folk music, but can't support him in front of Raj. Nyonika tried to be there for Manik always, but because of work pressure and the strict nature of Raj she couldn't do. She always regrets this, but Raj never regrets as he believes he fulfilled every need of Manik.

Raman and Ishita Murthy: Loving parents of Rishab (Nandini's elder brother, who got lost when he was 12 years old during an accident) and Nandini. Raman is a Professor wheres Ishita is a classical music teacher. Knows everything about Nandini and Manik and feels sad for her, but support her always. They are her biggest strength.

Mr. and Mrs. Dhawan: Cabir's parents.

Mr. and Mrs. Vedant: Dhruv's parents.

Mr. and Mrs. Saxena: Alya's parents. Mr. Saxena is the business partner of Raj Malhotra and they are family friends. Mr. Saxena can do anything for his daughter.

Dr. Shashank and Dr. Smriti Gupta: Senior Neurologist and Gynecologist of Sanjivani hospital, and teachers of all 5 of them. Love all of them a lot as five of them were always the top five in class. They always wanted Manik and Nandini to get together. They are really upset on Nandini as she left, they always feel sad seeing Manik like that.

Manini: A small girl, 4 years old. She is sitting in front of a photo and talking to the person - " You know na best friend that Mumma has gone for work for one month. She didn't want to go, but she had to, she is a very good doctor and she was needed there. I told her that I will be a good girl and stay with Nanu and Nani. She talks to me everyday in phone. I miss Mumma, but I understand her work. And you toh are always with me to solve my every problem. I can share anything with you, hain na? But best friend, now I want to see you in person, Mumma said I will meet you when I will become big girl, when will I meet you? "

Who is Manini and who are her Mumma and best friend?

Rest of the characters will be introduced later...