Chapter 4

Manik and Nandini both started thinking about their life which was so beautiful. They met 12 years back in Sanjivani when they joined for studying MBBS.

Flashback starts...

Nandini entered inside Sanjivani. It was a dream come true moment for her. She was from Mangalore, this was her first time in Mumbai. She went near the notice board to check the class room, where she met another boy searching the same. She asked him

Nandini: Are you a first year MBBS student?

Boy: Yes, this is Dhruv Vedant, I am from Dehradun, you?

Nandini: Hi, myself Nandini Murthy from Mangalore. So, friends (extending her hands)?

Dhruv: Friends (joining her hands). Let's go to the class.

Nandini: Yes, let's go.

Both of them went to the class and sat together. Soon it was lunch time. Suddenly they saw a boy and a girl came towards them. The boy spoke first

Boy: Hi, this is Cabir Dhawan. I felt both of you are not from Mumbai, right? Don't feel uncomfortable. If you need anything, you can tell us, we are friends from school days.

Girl: Hi, myself Alya Saxena, we have one more friend in our group, Manik, he is not here today, he will join from tomorrow, he is not well today.

Cabir: So now as we are friends, let's go for lunch, I am damn hungry.

Alya: Get used to it, Cabir feels hungry after each 30 min.

All of them laughed except Cabir who made a bad face. While having lunch, suddenly Nandini said

Nandini: Cabir, you are very similar to my Bhaiyu, I mean my elder brother.

Alya: You have an elder brother? What's he doing?

Nandini's eyes were filled with tears.

Nandini: When he was 12, we went to a hill station and there was a landslide which damaged our car and we got injured. People took us to hospital. After we gained consciousness, we couldn't find my brother, we searched a lot, but couldn't find him. Many people told may be he has fallen down from the hills. I was only 10 years old then.

Saying this she broke  down in tears and Alya hugged her to console her, even Cabir and Dhruv had tears in their eyes.

Cabir: Don't think negative Nandini, maybe he is alive somewhere else. Moreover when he has such a sweet sister, can anything happen to him?

Nandini gave a small smile.

Cabir: Waise I don't mind if you call me your bhai, I will be glad to have such a beautiful Sissy.

Nandini's eyes started shedding tears of happiness.

Nandini: I will call you Bhai then, okay?

Cabir: Of course Sissy, can I give you a new name? Can I call you Nandi?

Nandini: My bhaiyu used to call me Nandi only, you can call me by that name.

Soon the day was over and four of them talked a lot. A new friendship started...

Next day...

Nandini reached Sanjivani and found all her friends are sitting together talking. She noticed a new guy there, seeing his deep eyes, she felt something, as if those eyes have so many words to say. Her chain of thoughts were broken by Alya.