Chapter 6

Flashback continues...

Manan established their own academy "The Music Of The Soul", initially there were very less number of students, but slowly the number was increasing. Manan kept it a secret, nobody knew about this academy, every Friday evening 4 pm they used to go there. Manan's friendship and understanding were increasing day by day as well as their feelings. But, they weren't aware what was this feeling, but they found it beautiful. Dhruv and Nandini were very good friends, Manik used to often get jealous of their bonding, though he knew the bond what Nandini and he share is completely different, but still he was jealous. Manik's emotions weren't hidden from Cabir, who understood everything, but he didn't say anything. On the other side, Dhruv started falling for Alya, and Alya was completely unaware of this. She was in her own world, where she has 4 best friends and Manik being her bestest friend.

It was six months after they joined Sanjivani. One day Manik came early to college and found Nandini sitting alone in classroom crying silently with a photo in her hand. He rushed to her, sat beside her wiped her tears and asked her the matter.

Nandini (while crying): Manik, today is my Bhaiyu's birthday. Every year this day, I remember him the most because he was the most excited soul for his own birthday and his demand used to be all his favourite food items cooked by Maa...

Manik: Nandini, don't cry. May be he is somewhere else, safe and sound. Will he be happy to see you cry? No, right, then wipe your tears and remember all the happy moments with him.

Nandini smiled a bit wiping her tears. Manik was at peace now, her tears were affecting him a lot. He has now realised that he has fallen for her deeply.

The classes started as usual. It was soon lunch time, Manik was going to washroom when he saw Cabir sitting alone on the stairs with his locket, which he has been wearing all along, but today it was opened. Manik went there and what he saw shocked him. It was the picture of the same boy which Nandini showed him in the morning. He guessed something, but it was so difficult to believe that he asked him little louder

Manik: What are you doing with Rishabh's photo Cabir?

Cabir was startled with his voice, he was so lost he didn't notice Manik before.

Cabir: Wh... Who Ris... Rishabh?

Manik: Don't stammer Cabir, you know very well what I asked.

Cabir broke down completely and suddenly hugged Manik.

Cabir: Your guess is right Manik, I am Rishabh.

After Cabir was little calm breaking the hug Manik asked

Manik: But Cabir, we have seen you in childhood, you didn't look the same.

Cabir: You are right, it is because I underwent plastic surgery in the lower part of my face as it was almost destroyed in that accident. In that accident first I fell on a hard stone with my face on it and then I rolled down a bit and hit my head with another stone and immediately lost consciousness. I was in coma for one and a half year. When I woke up, I had forgotten everything, my past was a blank page except this locket. My parents, means Dhawans told me that they found me severely injured and brought me to the hospital. Their son died in the same accident, he was of my age only. Since I didn't remember anything they adopted me, it took another six months for me to recover fully, that's when I joined your school. You know right, I am two years elder to you guys, this is the reason. One day while playing this locket got opened which had my and Nandi's picture, seeing that I got my memories back, I wanted to go back to my home. But then, I thought of Dhawans, who lost their only child and if I leave now, they will not be able to live. At least my parents had Nandi, but what about them? That's why I didn't tell anyone about this. Then one day I saw Nandi in Sanjivani, I was in cloud nine, my Sissy was in front of me. But, I couldn't tell her, so I told Alya to befriend them and that's how we became friends. But she told me she found me similar to her Bhaiyu, I controlled myself somehow not to break down.

Manik had tears listening to his story. This jolly Cabir has suffered so much. But he couldn't help asking

Manik: But Cabir, why don't you tell Nandini about this? She misses you a lot, today morning also I found her crying, she was in so much pain.

Cabir: I can't Manik, if I tell her, she will tell me to go back to my parents and if I see them I won't be able to hold myself anymore. Manik, promise me you won't tell her anything, I am happy seeing her around.

Manik: Cabir, I can't break your promise, but I feel that you aren't thinking about your family, I agree your parents have Nandini, but still every child is special to their parents, they still miss you and about Nandini, you already know how much she loves you. I can't see her in pain. Think about it Cabir.

Cabir: I will think Manik, and when I will find the right time, I will tell everyone.

Manik: I will wait for day, I want to see her expression at that moment (getting lost).

Cabir: By the way I know you are more concerned about Nandi than me (winking).

Manik: And our Cabir is back. There is nothing like that Cabir, I am concerned about both of you.

Cabir: It's okay Manik, I know everything, no need to lie. What do you think, I haven't seen the way you look at her, I know you have fallen for her and I am happy for you.

Manik: Yes, I have fallen hard Cabir, for your Sissy, but I don't know about her. She cares for me, but about love, I don't know. And I think Dhruv also...

Cabir: Arre, no no, Dhruv has nothing for her, they are only friends, I can assure you of that. And about Nandi, I have seen her eyes twinkling seeing you, but maybe she isn't yet aware of this, give her sometime Majnu, your Laila will be yours only.

Manik: Cabirrr....

Cabir: What Cabir. Waise let's go to the canteen, I am damn hungry. And birthday boy should not be hungry.

Manik chuckled and they went to canteen together. Nandini, Alya and Dhruv were already there. Seeing them Nandini asked

Nandini: Where were you two?

Manik: Oh, we were talking with Professor. Leave that, Cabir is hungry. Nandini, you were telling no, your Bhaiyu used to eat all his favourite items on this day, so why don't you feed Cabir all those? You call her Bhai no?

Nandini: It's a great idea Manik, thank you. Come Bhai, it's my treat to you today.

Cabir became emotional listening to Manik, Manik understood him and looked at him saying him not to cry by his eyes. Cabir said a silent Thank you to Manik with his eyes, where Manik smiled looking at the brother-sister duo. One is his soul brother and another, his lifeline...

So Cabir is Rishabh... Did you expect this?

This was the reason why Cabir told Alya to become friends with Nandini and Dhruv on the first day...

Is Cabir doing right by hiding this???

Some words for Manik?