Chapter 3

Manik called someone in Sanjivani and found out Nandini's address. He wanted to talk to her, so he while coming back from "The Music Of The Soul" stopped at Nandini's house and pressed the calling bell. By that time Nandini had already reached home, she went to open the door. After opening the door, she was shocked, happy and what not, her Manik was there in front of her. She was feeling to run and hug him, but controlled her emotions. Manik on the other hand was continuously noticing her expressions, he understood her inner turmoil. Both were looking at each other with pain and longing when Aryaman's voice broke their trance.

Aryaman: Who's there Nandu?

Listening Nandu Manik again got angry and Nandini got that. To save him from Manik's anger she told Manik to come inside.

Nandini: Come inside. (To Aryaman) It's Manik here.

Manik came inside and saw Aryaman was sitting in the sofa there.

Aryaman: Hi Manik, nice to meet you again, please sit.

Manik wanted to yell at him that who is he to tell him to sit in his wife's place, but didn't tell anything. He simply sat there.

Aryaman: Actually I will leave tonight only, I have some appointments in the hospital tomorrow and day after tomorrow I will be leaving for London for a conference. I have to catch the flight, I just came to drop Nandu here and check if she is okay with the arrangements.

Manik couldn't control himself seeing his concerns for Nandini.

Manik (with hidden anger): You don't need to worry about her, Aryaman. I... We are here to look after her needs.

Aryaman (to calm the volcano about to erupt): Yeah, sure sure. That's why I am leaving tonight only. Actually uncle aunty, I mean Nandini's parents were worried about her coming alone, so I came with her.

Nandini (just to continue the drama): Why are you saying reasons to come here with me? You are my fiance, we live in the same house, we are about to get married, you can come with me without any reason also.

Manik closed his eyes to control his anger, though he knows she is simply acting and she might be knowing that Manik can understand her very well, still hearing these kinds of words from his wife was hurting him.

And Aryaman was behaving this way because Nandini has told him to show Manik that they are really in a relationship so that Manik can move on, which is why she left 5 years back because of that reason.

Understanding that Manik has got hurt, Nandini tried to change the topic. She knows Manik won't believe a single word of her, because he knows her more than she knows herself. Actually this way she wants to convey that she is acting for some reason and he should wait for sometime till she can tell him everything.

Nandini: I will prepare tea, Aryaman you will also have right?

Aryaman: Can I say no to your masala tea? It's world's best tea. Put more cinnamon okay, I simply love that.

Nandini: Okay. I will get the tea (turning towards Manik).

After Nandini left Aryaman got a call and he went inside to talk, Manik was sitting there thinking that he got a chance to prove himself right about Nandini by this. That's because he is allergic to cinnamon, and that's why while preparing his tea she never used to use it. Even she stopped having cinnamon in her own tea.

Aryaman came back and at the same time Nandini also came with tea. She handed the cups to Aryaman and Manik.

Aryaman (smelling the tea): Thanks Nandu, this smell of cinnamon is awesome. Isn't it Manik?