Chapter 15

Manan had a peaceful sleep after 5 years. It was the next morning. They have called everyone at Nandini's place to tell them everything. Manik and Nandini were sitting on sofa talking between themselves when Raj and Nyonika entered. They came and hugged Manan. At the same time Dhruv came along with Mukti, Abhimanyu, Dr. Shashank and Dr. Smriti. Dhruv had already told them whatever he knew about Alya.

Dr. Smriti hugged Nandini tightly when Dr. Shashank hugged Manik.

Smriti: Nandini, I'm so sorry for my rude behavior. I never believed that letter, but I was angry with you because you didn't feel sharing your problems with us, you just ran away.

Shashank: And we couldn't see Manik like that everyday. We used to feel helpless that we can't do anything for you both. But, after listening to Dhruv we understood your point of view.

Smriti and Shashank: We are sorry Nandini for being angry on you without knowing the situation.

Nandini: Sir, Madam, please don't say sorry. It was your love for us, your protectiveness for us. You are like our parents. You have all the rights on us.

Smriti and Shashank hugged her again. All of them sat in the living room. Next it was Cabir with his parents (Dhawans), Aryaman and Navya ( Aryaman's sister, intro in character sketch). Seeing Cabir Manan ran towards them and hugged him. Cabir also hugged them back.

Manik: So, you came back, hmm?

Cabir: Manik, you know na why did I leave.

Manik: I know Cabir, no need to explain to me. And thanks for being there with Nandini always, being her strength. Come inside.

Aryaman: I was there in UK for a conference, so I came back with Cabir. Even Navya wanted to come back to India, so we three came together.

Nandini went and hugged Navya.

Nandini: Navu, it's nice to see you physically after 12 years. I have seen you in video call, but seeing you like this made me remember our childhood. So, you are a good friend of Cabir Bhai no?

She winked after the last line. Navya blushed a little. Then she turned towards everyone and said

Nandini: Navya is Aryaman's sister, she is 3 years younger to us. She was working in the same hospital as Cabir bhai. She is a Neurologist.

Navya: Nandu di, I want to know in details of what happened. Cabir told us in short, but I want to know everything.

Nandini: Come inside, I will tell everything.

Then she hugged Aryaman and surprising everyone Manik also hugged him. Aryaman understood his gesture and hugged him back. All came inside and sat together.

Nandini: Now since all are here, I will tell everything.

Manik: Nandini, won't you wait for your parents and Manini?

Nandini: They are on the way Manik, and I have already told them everything over phone yesterday. So, I can start. And I know you are waiting for Manini. Don't worry, they will be here soon.

Manik smiled and Nandini started to tell everything whatever happened. At the end everyone was shocked, some were having tears in their eyes, some were angry on Alya and Ashok Saxena, some were scared thinking how Nandini took a big risk. But they all were happy to see Manan's trust in each other. Manik then told about his and Aryaman's conversation also. Everyone understood that this was the reason Manik hugged him.

Manik: Nandini, where is Raman uncle and Ishita aunty with Manini, call them na. I can't wait anymore.

Nandini (chuckled seeing him behaving like a kid): Okay, okay, I will call.