005

C O R T N E YR O B E R T S

C O R T N E Y
R O B E R T S

A NORMAL THING THAT ME, CONNIE, guy, Sidney and Charlie do is, going to Casey's diner called Mikey's. I've mentioned it before, we try not to go while my dad is working.

"Wanna go to Mikey's?" Connie asked over the phone.

"Yeah I'll get sidney and I'm pretty sure that charlie is already there, so you can get guy." I replied.

"Okay, meet there in 10." Connie said then hung up.

I then put a jacket on over my hoodie, then my sneakers and left the house. Luckily for me, my dad was passed out on the couch. Well, I guess that isn't so good but when I leave the house it's good.

Anyways, I then walked down the road the Sidney's house, and knocked. Her older sister Deborah answered.

"Oh hey." He said annoyed when she answered.
Me, sidney and her would always hand out together, but since last year she seems to think she's too cool for us.

"Hi debs, is Sidney home?" I asked, placing my hands in my pockets.

"Sidney!" She shouted then walked away leaving the door wide open. I then invited myself in and stood in the porch.

"Oh hey Cory!" Sidney smiled as she ran down the stairs.

"Hey wanna go to Mikey's?" I asked, then her smile faded.

"Sorry I can't, I'm doing this project for extra credit, and before you ask, it was in mr smiths class." She explained.

"Oh, that's okay call me later." I smiled and she returned with a nod.

I then walked out of her house, and to Mikey's. Luckily for me, Mikey's was only two minutes away from my house, in walking distance.

Once I got there, I saw guy, connie and charlie all sitting down at our usual booth.

"Hey." I smiled as I sat next to charlie.

"W-where's sidney?" Charlie asked glancing around the diner.

"She couldn't come, she has to do extra credit stuff for mr smiths class." I explained.

"Oh." Charlie said disappointed.

"Hey relax man, you'll see your girlfriend tomorrow." Guy laughed, so did me and Connie.

"She's not my girlfriend." Charlie said rolling his eyes.

"Not yet." Connie smirked, earning a laugh from me and guy. And a not so pleasant look from charlie.

"Hey kids what can I get for ya?" Casey asked as she held her notebook.

"Milkshakes?" She added which we nodded to.
"The usual im assuming?" She smiled and we nodded.

As you can tell, we come here a lot. She doesn't really even need to ask us what we want. I get a chocolate milkshake, same as Connie and Sidney. And guy and charlie both get strawberry.