010

C O R T N E YR O B E R T S

C O R T N E Y
R O B E R T S

"SO, YOUR THE DUCKS NOW HUH?"
Adam asked me, clearly hiding his laugh as we sat on his front porch.

"Yep! I mean it's better then 'district 5' isn't it?" I smiled.

"I guess, ducks just sounds funny." Adam shrugged, scrunching up his nose.

"Adam! Get your bag we gotta go!" Adams dad yelled from inside his house.

"I have to go, I'll see you later." Adam smiled standing up.

"Bye banksie." I smiled ruffling up his hair and walking across the house to my new 'home'.

Perfect timing too because I have a game soon. I quickly ran inside, getting my hockey bag and waiting in the car for Ryan.

"Took ya long enough." I joked once he finally decided to do his job.

"Your aunt had doughnuts." Ryan shrugged causing me to laugh.

Me and Ryan had got pretty close over the past couple of days, mainly because he was driving me wherever I had to go. Which lead to very long conversations depending on how long the drive was.

"Where too again?" Ryan asked as he pulled out of the driveway.

"The rink." I said as I pulled out my walk men from my side bag.

The drive from the house to the rink wasn't very long, thankfully though because I'm getting sick of listening to old Kate bush ablums over and over again. I'm honestly not the biggest fan of Kate bush, especially since most of her music is from the 80s. But Connie and Charlie currently are borrowing my good ablums that I have. So I'm stuck with katie. Now if it was anyone else who had given me Kate bushes ablums as a gift i honestly would have thrown it away, but Sidney gave it to me.

Anyways, once I got to the rink, I quickly thanked Ryan, and ran inside the rink.

Once I started to walk to the locker room, I saw coach Bombay and coach Riley talking, I ignored it and went inside. Passing Jesse, Peter and Terry in the process.

"Hey where were you?" Charlie asked as I sat next to him and Sidney.

"Ryan took awhile." I lied. There was no way I could tell my friends that I was hanging out with Adam banks. If I did they would definitely call me a 'traitor' or some crap like that. And maybe I was being a traitor, hanging out with the enemy. But I honestly couldn't care less if I was being a traitor, as long as my team doesn't find out.

The only people who know are Sidney and connie. And I barely told them anything. They weren't pissed though, turns out they had a bet going on. Well it's still going on.

"I can't believe that you have a driver." Guy wined as he tied his skates.

"Hey a driver of mine is a driver of yours." I smiled, leaning over Charlie to pat his back.