0.6

I woke up the next morning around 7:30 am. I quickly get up and get ready and head to the airport to meet Riley. By the time I get out of the house, it is 8:30. I wait in my car in the parking lot until 9 on the dot. I text Riley that I am here and I start to head towards the baggage claim area and text her that I will be meeting her there. 

I stand there and play on my phone while I wait. As I scroll through Instagram, I hear a deep voice behind me. 

"Hola, Hermosa"

I decide not to turn around because I don't recognize the voice. The man continues to tell me hello in Spanish. I continue to ignore him until the man grabs my wrist.

"Leave me alone!" I yell as I pull my arm away from the man.

He continues to try to touch me and I continue to back away. 

"Dijo que la dejara en paz." I hear someone else say in Spanish. I turn around and see none other than Carlos standing a few feet behind me.

I look at him and run into his arms. "Carlos, what are you doing here?"

"I can't stop thinking about you, so I decided that I am going to spend my summer break here in America if it is okay with you?"

"Of course! Riley will be here any minute though and I already promised her that we would hang out today..."

"That's fine. If it's not too much trouble could you drive me to my hotel and then I'll let you spend the day with her, but you are all mine tomorrow."

"I could always ask Riley though," I say as I don't want his first day in America to be lonely.

"Ask me what?" I hear behind me.

"Riles!!" I yell. I walk over to her and hug her. "This is Carlos, I am sure you remember him from his visit on set," I introduce the pair. 

"Of course, I remember. How could I forget the man that saved the day when dickhead didn't show up."

"Riley!"

"What it's true! Anyways, what did you need to ask me?"

"Carlos just happened to surprise me and I was wondering if he could tag along on our little girl date?"

"El I just told you that it's fine. I need to catch up on sleep. That eleven-hour flight really kicked my ass."

"Are you sure?" I ask as I look at him.

"Yes, El. Can you drop me off at my hotel though?"

"Yes, we can," Riley answers for me.

"Alright let's get going then," I say realizing that people are starting to stare at us. I make sure both of them have their luggage and I start walking to my car. 

I drive Carlos to his hotel and help him carry his bags in.

"I've got it El," he says to me.

"I know you do."

"Then why are you insisting to help me?" He asks.

"Maybe, because I want to be nice, Carlos."

"I think it is because you want to know my room number so you can come back maybe later tonight?"

I roll my eyes at his statement, even though he was partially right. "If that's what you think. I am actually doing it just so I can be nice to a person who has been there for me throughout a lot of shitty times even when I didn't realize it."

"El, I will always be here for you, but seriously you are cutting into your girl time with Riley."

"Oh shit, I forgot about her," I say as I run my hands through my hair.