part seven

"Midnight Rage everyone" the DJ announced and people around us opened their eyes. Gasps and exclaims were heard as i turn my head towards Ella who was jumping in excitement. "What's going on?" I asked with furrowed brows. "You seriously don't know them? They are a very famous band here in USA." 'No shit Ella, i am from Croatia, how was I supposed to know who they are' i thought to myself and turned my head to the stage. Due to the alcohol in my blood, my head was spinning so it was hard to stand still.

The clubs lights were turned off when suddenly a spotlight appeared on the stage, projecting on four guys that were standing on it. It was a drummer, the bassist, singer and finally the guitarist. My vision was blurry but i could see him clearly at that moment. Tall, soft brown hair and deep green eyes. He looked flawless under the spotlight, or maybe the alcohol made me think that. The drummer hit his drum sticks making a beat before the venue filled with music. People around us were jumping, dancing and yelling the lyrics. I look at Ella who was staring at the singer in awe. "Doesn't he look great?" She questioned, still staring at him. "Well, he looks alright." I trailed while staring at a completely different person. "That's Theo" Ella motioned towards the guitarist. "Wha—" i was cut off by drunk Ella that who yelling something.

"MARCUS I LOVE YOU" she screamed on top of her lungs. The singer heard her and smiled while turning his head towards the guitarist. They made eye contact and Theo approached him while hitting the guitar strings. He whispered something in his ear and Marcus nodded slightly. Then he went back to his position and looked around the crowd when his eyes landed on me. He was staring deeply in my eyes and I couldn't move. Fucking tequila, even if I was about to die I wouldn't move. We hold eye contact for a moment when i break it. I turn to look at him once again only to see him still looking at me and chuckling softly.

•••

After the band finished performing, they walked down the stage and were surrounded by fan girls who wanted to take a picture with them. Me and Ella were sitting in the lounge zone accompanied with Alex and Axel when we saw that the band was walking towards us. Ella squeaked in excitement and the twins stood up. "What's up man" Alex said as he pulled Marcus into a 'man hug'. "All good as you can see" he replied and the twins greeted the rest of the band. When they finished they introduced me and Ella. "Ok, i want you to meet Ella and her sweet little friend Iris" the band members smiled and Marcus nodded towards the sofa we were sitting on, so we made some space and sat on the opposite sides. Marcus turned around oh his heels and plummeted down next to Ella who was probably about to explode from happiness as Theo sat next to me.

"Iris, right?" He turned his head towards me. "That's right" I drunkenly smiled at him. "Pleasure to meet you" he said with a slight smirk. "Same here, you played amazing by the way" I smiled at him as he raised his eyebrows. "Thanks, you play?" He asked. "Yeah i do actually" i replied with a soft smile. The only thing i hate about alcohol is that it makes me smile like crazy but i guess right now it was pretty helpful. "Mhm, that's interesting. Do you play for yourself or perform?" Theo asked and i could hear genuine interest in his voice. "Well, mostly to myself but i try to perform as much as i can. Usually small gigs in bars or private events but nothing more so far" i replied as i propped myself on the elbows to feel more comfortable since there was almost no space on the sofa. "Maybe you can show me how you play, i can help you out to find new places to perform at" he said as he looked at me. His face was to close and everything was around me was spinning too fast.

"Maybe one day" i say as i tilt my head towards Ella to see her already kissing with Marcus. Theo follows my gaze and his eyes land on our friends that i was staring at. "Oh god" we mumble at the same time and burst out laughing at the couple that was making out all over the place. They didn't notice us and practically stayed glued to each other.

We continued talking, enjoying each other's company. Even tho I couldn't remember what the conversation was about i was still laughing and feeling amazed about how easy it is to talk to him. At some point Ella broke away from Marcus who was disappointed that he couldn't continue eating her face, stood up from the sofa and stumbled towards me. "Iris, i think we gotta go" she sleepily mumbled while looking at me. "Whaaat? It's not even that late. Hold on." I grab my phone that was on a little table in front of me and turn it on. "It's only 3am" i say as i pause for a second. "Oh god, 3AM?" I whisper yell, shocked by how fast the time went. "Mhmm" she mumbled drunkly. "Well, i guess we gotta go" i say as i stand up, almost tripping on Ella as we both start giggling.

"Alright guyyys, bye bye" she trails. I wrap my arm around her and we start walking away. "Iris!" Someone yells from behind me. We turn around and i spot Theo standing up from the sofa. "Can I at least have your phone number or something?" He asks as he puts his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "Mmm, maybe next time." I reply with a chuckle.

•••

"Ellaaaaa" i trail while we walk down the street. "Everything is spinning, its so funny" i say. Ella was walking behind me, swaying from side to side. "Yeah, i agree on the spinning" she mumbles. "Actual—" she gets cut off by a loud noice. I turn around and see nothing but a bush with two legs hanging from it. "Ella? Ella!?" I exclaim as i run towards the bush. "Are you alive?" I look down and spot her laying on the ground, leafs and little branches sticking out of her hair. The streetlight was shining brightly, lighting her face. I look at her for a moment before bursting out laughing. "Iris, i think I can't move" she says as she looks around. "Yeah, well, you are one with nature now." I giggle, bending in half. "A little help out here?" She asks, extending her hand. "Oh, my bad" i take her hand and the next second i was flying down next to her.

"What the hell?" I yell. Ella turns her head and giggles. "Hi there, now we both are one with nature." I tilt my head towards her and we both start uncontrollably laughing. She holds on the nearest branch, breathless and still laughing. We stay like that for few minutes before somehow standing up.

The rest of the trip back to dorm was in blur. I can't remember why, but for some reason when we were at the entrance to the dorm building, Ella and i had inflatable flamingos on us. We got inside, trying not to make any noice but i am pretty sure half of the building heard us. When we stumble across the elevator, we both try to get in at the same time but end up colliding together, the poor flamingos almost exploding. "Ladies first" i bow slightly, giving Ella some space. "Thank you, sir" she nods and gets in. I press the button to my floor and turn to look at her. "Third" she says and i press the other button, my fingers feeling the cold metal.

The elevator doors open with a slight "ding" sound and i get out to the dark hallway. I turn to Ella, whisper a "good night" and stumble to my dorm. I lean against the door, trying to find the keys in my purse. When i finally found them, i struggle a little with the lock before opening the door. I turn on the light and close my eyes, adjusting to the brightness. Stumbling across the small living room, i get out of the flamingo that was making too much noice, throw it across the place and collapse on the sofa, legs up and my head hanging from it.

Suddenly one of the doors bursts open and someone jumps out of it, holding an electric guitar. "Don't fucking move" Shocked i yell out and fall from the sofa. "Iris?" Tom asked as he approached me, his guitar still above his head. "Yeah its Iris, who the fuck did you think it was?" I sit up holding my head and look at him with a raised eyebrow. "Well you were making so much noice i thought we were getting robbed. Where were you?" He lowered the guitar and sat on the edge of the sofa. "Out" i mumble and get up. "And why is there a giant fucking flamingo next to my door?". I glance towards the door and spot the inflatable bird. "Don't know, dont care" i say as i stand up, trying to walk towards my door. Almost tripping for the seventh time tonight i got to my room. Kicking off my shoes, i fall on the bed and in matter of seconds i fall asleep.