part nine

"And then we stole the remote control" Ella said while finishing up her drink. "And the gingers? How did we end up in that pub?" I ask while leaning on the chair. "No damn idea Ise" she mumbled.

It was afternoon and the hangover was slowly going away. We were sitting in a cafe near our university, trying to recall the events of last night. The weather was nice. The sun was slowly setting and it was slightly cloudy. Perfect. "Soo, what's on the agenda for the rest on day?" Ella asked while looking around, her eyes following the people that were walking across the street. "Well, i was planing to go furniture shopping. My room is so boring its giving me a headache." I leaned even further into the chair as I spoke. "You sure its the room that gives a headache and not the hangover?" Ella grinned at me. "Shush." We both chuckled and continued sipping our drinks. This was probably one of the worst hangovers both of us ever had. Even Ella who is a party person was surprised by how shitty she was feeling in the morning.

"Well hello, ladies... Hope i don't interrupt anything." I tilted my head slightly and spotted a familiar guy standing next to our table. "Nope, not at all" said Ella and the guy pulled out a chair from another table and fell in it. "Do i know you?" I ask curiously. "Whoops, my bad. My name's Enzo, Enzo Rodrigues." He said with a thick accent. "Where you from?" I turn to look at him so this time I could see him more clearly. "Brazil" he said with a proud smile. "Have we met before? You look familiar." I ask ones again.

"Yeah remember when you kicked Tom? I was sitting there in the lounge." That's when my brain sparked with a memory. He was the guy that caught my attention and was laughing all the time. "Oh yeah yeah, i remember" i nod, smiling slightly at the memory of frustrated Tom yelling his lungs out. "So what are you girls up to?" He asked and stretched out in the chair, his soft brown hair falling over his eyes. "Actually we were planning to go furniture shopping" Ella replied quickly. "Mind if i join? I would love to help." Enzo looked at both of us as he sat up on the chair, his eyes full of hope and excitement. "Not at all" i said and smiled at him. That guy looked pretty cool so I don't think it would be a problem if he went out with us. I think. Not sure tho.

Maybe finding new friends here wouldn't be as hard as I thought it would be.

....

"What do you think about this one?" Enzo asked while showing me yet another rug. We've been in ikea for few hours now, looking for ways to decorate my room and roaming through everything we could find. Thankfully, Ella knew a lot about interior design and was basically a Pinterest whore so she was a big help. Enzo was starting graphic design in the same university as us so he had great taste too. Except the part where the three of us were having fun in the showrooms where we were pretending to be in a relationship or a family and making up fake scenarios in the kitchens and living rooms so we could feel the whole ikea spirit, Enzo and Ella were walking around the isles like the two experts they were and picking out stuff like their lives depended on making sure that my room is well decorated.

"Nuh uh, its too colourful." I touch the material, feeling the rough fabric slide between my fingers. "Girl, what are you on?'' Enzo asked as he raised his eyebrow. "It's literally white with few red stripes. How is that TOO colourful?" He asked frustrated as his hands dropped to his sides. I chuckled slightly at his reaction and pulled the rug that was next to the one that he showed me "Aww look at it. It's adorable, isn't it?" I pulled it out so I could take a closer look. "It's black" Enzo said as he narrowed his eyes. "Yeah no shit, i am not blind" i rolled my eyes and looked at him. "It's black and boring." he stated, crossing his arms over his chest. "Well, i can customise it" i shrugged and rolled the rug before putting it in the cart that was already full of stuff that we got. "Oh god" he mumbled and pushed the cart. I chuckled slightly and opened the notes app to put a tick in the list, leaving only few more items that we needed to get.