Chapter 7: Family Issues

Just a few minutes ago, I was walking around. Then, I was running up to my brother, and here I am now, watching Aiden as he was in the hospital screaming in pain. I had a horrible idea that Shadow man, had got him. What else could it be?

all 3 of us were to wait in the waiting room. I was sent to detention one time, and when they told me my parents were on there way, I thought for sure that was going to be the longest and most dreadful wait of my life. But now, I can easily tell, THAT record, had been beaten by this. I'm pretty sure I was waiting for a good 50 minutes in there until I got called by one of the nurses. I told Tori and Sarah to stay back.

"Ok, give me the news." I said. I needed to stay strong over anything that happens.

"Your brother is in a mental condition, and we may be able to help him out. It will take 3 days or so.

"Where are you sending him?"

"West Raul Asylum. But only for testing, not residential purposes."

I stared at her with a somewhat calm face, but in my head, I was swearing pretty bad language. I think I was bad at acting, she noticed right away.

"Are you OK dear? He'll only be gone for 3 days, and he will be ok."

"Uh yeah, that's fine."

"Ok, the doctors there already know, and will be picking him and your family up too."

This time I stared at her in shock.

"Why our family?"

"Because they said they think you may also have the disease he is carrying, so they want to test you too, because it can travel easily and with some simple actions towards the person carrying it, it can effect you too."

"is it possible for us to not go?"

"Well, if you would like, we can decline the offer, and-

The door opened, and Aiden came out. This time, he looked normal, except for his eye pupils. They looked more like a line instead of a circle, it creeped me out.

"The doctors are sending me to the asylum, but I can handle it." He turned towards the nurse and spoke up again.

"Don't send the other 3 girls, just me only, they already had testings there a while ago."

The nurse nodded, and left to make the call. Then Aiden turned to me.

"I have werewolf genetics. Tell Tori and Sarah, but nobody else. And DON'T come looking for me, I'm fine, and I can break out easily by myself."

"Then where do we go?"

"Try and see if we can go to Honey's house."

Just so you know, Honey is our Aunts name. It's kinda weird, but she is really pretty, and has 2 cute kids.

I turned to Tori And Sarah, and told them the news

"He's a werewolf now? Damn, that's just like in the movies." Tori just gave me a casual look the entire time, except for when I said he was going to West Raul. Then, she gave me a shocked look.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine."

"Why does everyone except me have a super power? I feel left out." Sarah whined.

"No, ya know that shadow guy I talked about, he said I'm not gonna like the future, and that means that you and Aiden are both infected by us, just Aiden developed a little earlier."

"So I'm going to be a weirdo like the rest of you guys?"

".....sure. "

I knew how bad Tori and Sarah wanted to rescue Aiden, and I really wanted to as well, but like Aiden said, it was far too dangerous for that to happen, and we all agreed to find Honey's house. I felt bad for leaving him, and lonely and weak, since he normally stayed strong and cared for us. But now that he was gone, it's like we're on own. We left the building and entered another forest, to stay close to the road, but far from being noticed. Then, I heard footsteps, not ours, but something else. I turned around and, DAMN! the doctors were back, and definitely saw us go back here.

"You kids come out, or we will use force." One of the doctors said.

We all stayed quiet, low, and looked at them, even though they couldn't see us. The time was 6:23PM. 6 more hours until I can stay invisible to them.

"We can see you, come out NOW."

To make it sound like we were split up and everywhere, we did, and said random things from everywhere.

"We don't want to."

"Yeah, get lost."

"We don't have to listen to you."

I was about to say something to join my sisters, but then I saw him. That same "Shadow man" again. He was staring at me, and giving me a look that said "hey, I'm gonna rat you out, and what are you going to do about it." His arms were crossed, and he looked down at me like I made a mistake and knew I was screwed. He just smirked as usual, then spoke up.

"So what lesson did we learn today?" He sounded like my dad, but more evil.

"Uhh...to listen to you and to not anger you?"

"Good. I can make them dissappear if you need it, but you gotta promise me one thing."

"What's that?"

"To say to your siblings that the shadow thing was a lie. It's going to help you out in the future, trust me."

I hesitated for a moment, but agreed. This guy was right about the future thing for me and himself the last time. After all, he didn't like how I told Tori I was a shadow, and I didn't like how Aiden got sent away. I guess you have to trust the perverted guy sometimes after all.

" Fine, no one will know that I'm a shadow, except me and you."

He smirked at me and snapped his fingers. The doctors were screaming and leaving the forest. Then, he looked at me again.

"Why are you so shy around me? We're like family, we're shadows."

" maybe because I just met you like days ago?"

"And I knew you your whole life."