The death that started it all....

"Come on Danny." I said looking back at my blond haired little brother as I started walking into the woods about three miles from the village.

"Why did you get me up this early?" He asked tiredness showing in his blue eyes as he followed me into the brush.

"So we could go hunting." I said, then stopped and thought for a second.. "Did you not want to go hunting with me?"

"Yes, but not this early in the morning......sorry Charlie" he said.

"Alright sleepy head... I'll take you back so you can go to bed"I said sadly because I really wanted to go hunting with him.

A few hours later....

*BOOM

*'What was that' I wondered. 'The village' I thought as I started running toward the village, towards Danny...

"DAD!"I yelled when I saw him bleeding out on the ground.

"T-they took him...They took Danny..."he said sadly as I kneeled down next to him.

"What?!" I yelled "Oh god. This is bad." I said glancing at the bullet wound in his side

"Go to Chicago ask for Miles....He can help you get Danny back...."He said choking on his own blood.

"NO! You can't die we-we have to protect Danny you and me remember"I cried, then the life faded from his eyes...

"What are you going to do?" Someone asked as I got up,after taking something off my father's neck.

"I'm going to get my brother back".I said protectively.

"You have to hunt for us that's your-"he tried to say.

"I don't have to do anything for any of you. I only stayed because of Danny,so I'm going to get him back,alone."

"FINE WE DON'T NEED YOU ANYWAYS!" he yelled full of anger.

"Good because I am NEVER coming back!" I yelled in his face.

"We don't care about you or Danny so go ahead and get yourself killed." He said probably thinking that I wouldn't really leave.

As I walked back to my house, and put on the pendant that I took from my dad around my neck, I was honestly terrified. 'What would become of me? Would I die?'

"Charlie?" A feminine voice said sounding close to tears, a little while after I entered the house.

"Yes Maggie?" I said sounding exhausted, at least to my ears.

"Let me go with you." she demanded entering my room where I was currently packing.

"No." I spoke without missing a beat. "It's too dangerous."

"You're just a kid Charlie please?" She begged close to tears. I walked towards her

"Maggie you can't come with me.....I'm sorry." I said resting my forehead on hers. After a beat I removed it and jumped in my arms sobbing. After she stopped crying and said goodbye I headed toward Chicago.