Finding An Old Friend

"So...where are we headed?" I asked Miles curiously as we started leaving Chicago.

"We are going to find an old friend of mine." He replied kind of pissed off for no reason whatsoever.

"What's this friend like?" I asked.

"The only thing you need to know is that she is really good at blowing stuff up." He answered really annoyed.

"Fine sorry for asking." I responded.  After that we walked in silence for a while until I got fed up with it and asked "Why did you never try to find us?"

"What!?" He exclaimed shocked by my sudden question. "You mean you, Danny and Ben?

"Yeah who else?" I responded solemnly thinking of what Danny's current situation might be.

"Well... That's complicated." He responded vaguely.

"How is it complicated?" I asked and it was at this moment that I realized that we stopped walking and we're currently staring into each other's eyes in a challenging manner.

"It's just is." Miles responded sharply and started walking again.

"How!?" I exclaimed confused because of his secrecy and I was answered with silence.

After about an hour more of walking we reached this shady looking building that even from the outside reaked of booze and Miles said, "Well, you wait here and I will be right back..."

"Wait where are you going?!?" I asked worried he was ditching me, after my earlier comments.

"A little place called, shut up and stay here" He responded pissed off still.

"Fine." I said in a pissed off but, resigned tone and leaned against the side of the building.

A little bit after Miles entered the building a bearded man who looked very drunk came up to me and asked "How much, sweetheart?" In slurred speech.

"Not for sale." I said dismissively.

"Come on, Baby just name your price." He insisted stepping closer to me.

"You better back off." I said as a thinly veiled threat.

"Or what?" He asked cockily. As soon as the words left his mouth I whipped out my knife, from my belt, and had him pinned against the wall I was previously leaning against with it across his throat.

"I said back off." I said pissed at the drunkard for not listening.

"Charlie!" Miles said shocked that I had a man pinned against the side of the building. "I was gone ten minutes!"

"Well that was nine minutes too long." I said bluntly and released the man that I had pinned. The man stumbled away in his drunken stupor.

"She's not here." He said out of nowhere.

"Where is she then?" I asked.

"A militia camp." He said bluntly.

"Let's go get her." I said in tone that suggested that Miles was an idiot.

"It's not that simple with her." He said. "Nora's complicated." He said.

"Complicated how?" I said asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"She wouldn't be there without a very good reason." He said bluntly. "And that reason is probably impossible to figure out without talking to her."

"So let's sneak into the camp and ask her." I said slowly so he would understand.

"That won't- You know, you may be on to something." Miles responded intrigued.

An: sorry for the super super late update I'd kinda given up on writing and finally reinstalled Wattpad and realized I had a chapter written and decided to post it 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don't know if anyone is still reading this so let me know if you want me to continue?