The Hero

At that moment the door to the plane burst open.... A dog?!

It was a long haired German Shepherd that broke the door. I didn't have long to admire the dog though because in the next second it growled and attacked the man holding my right arm! With my newly freed arm I punched the man holding my other arm.

The dog was still chewing on the man's arm so I was had to fight off the other three men. 'Blast' I thought 'How can I....' then I saw my knife on the seat not too far away and dashed for it and.....failed one of the men tackled me and started punching me in the face while one of the others went to help the man with the dog.

The dog seemingly killed the man and was cornered then the other man who went over there attacked the Shepherd and I heard a *Yelp*.

In a moment of desperation I reached up and grabbed the man's head and twisted. After a second I heard a *snap* and the man fell limp. "Boss!" The man standing waiting for a signal, from the man that was hitting me, yelled. "You're gonna pay for that."

I got my bearings as fast as I could and dashed for my knife and the man chased me. I reached it and unsheathed it and stabbed him. I then ran over to help the dog with the last man.

I killed the man and then collapsed in the nearest seat to me and tried to steady my breathing while watching the dog closely. He approached, and I was terrified of him because I've never seen a dog before, and rested his head in my lap.

I was shocked and was sure my face showed it. "Good boy." I said then reached my hand out to pet him. "I'll call you Buddy. That work?" I asked the dog and in response he nuzzled my hand.

"Let's go Buddy." I said standing up and grabbing my crossbow and quiver then headed out of the plane with my new companion Buddy.