The Truth Doesn't Always Hurt (1)

"After you, beautiful."

Minjeong held her hand out for Jimin to take as the older girl stepped out of the car.

"Always the gentlewoman." Jimin said as she leaned in to leave a peck on the younger girl's lips.

Minjeong smirked as she shut the door. "Only for you."

"You cheeseball."

"You like it." Minjeong smiled and turned towards the girl for a kiss.

Jimin blocked Minjeong's mouth with her hand as she shook her head. "No funny business. We're already late. I don't want Yeji kicking our ass even more."

Minjeong licked it which made the older girl draw her hand back quickly.

The older girl glared at her, but Minjeong was unfazed. "One, kissing you isn't funny business, it is a serious task. And two, I wouldn't let Yeji kick your ass. That is for me and me only."

"Possessive much?" Jimin teased as she held onto Minjeong's shoulders.

Minjeong smirked as her hands went to her lover's waist. "I have to be." She pecked her lips. "I have a goddess as my girlfriend, who also happens to love me. I would say I'm more obsessed." She pulled her closer and kissed Jimin.

Unbeknownst to her, Jimin was having a mental war going on. She tried her best to make everything seem like it was fine and kissed the girl back as best she could. But her mind was wandering somewhere else.
_

One week ago...

Jimin and Minjeong have been going strong and they are entering their eighth month together. They decided to spend the night at Jimin's house and we're cuddling on the couch, watching some random romcom that they stumbled upon social media.

The older girl was resting her head on Minjeong's arm while the latter was wedged between the back of the couch and Jimin. As the movie continued, Jimin was enjoying Minjeong's comforting touch as the younger girl rubbed her stomach from under her shirt.

It was peaceful for about an hour into the movie, until Minjeong began pecking her temple multiple times. Jimin smiled as she turned her head and looked at the younger girl.

"Hi."

"Hi." Minjeong smiled back and kissed her forehead before going down to her nose to deliver another round of kisses.

Jimin giggled and fully turned around to hug the younger girl's waist.

"Bored of the movie already?" Jimin asked.

"No." Minjeong pulled out her phone that was between the two of them and showed her the time. "It's 12:03. Happy 8 months." She softly said.

Jimin melted as she scooted closer into the girl's warmth. "Happy 8 months." She replied.

It got quiet for a moment. The two just stared into each other's eyes as the movie played in front of them. Minjeong cupped Jimin's cheek and caressed it.

"I'm looking forward to many more with you." Minjeong bit her lip before she got the courage she needed. "I know how hard it was for you to open up to me and let me in your life, but I think this is the right time and I couldn't be more sure."

Jimin furrowed her brows as she tried to decipher what Minjeong was getting at. "What is it?"

Minjeong smiled as she leaned closer to rest her forehead on Jimin's. "I love you."

Jimin felt like her heart stopped beating for a moment. She just listened.

"And I'm not pressuring you to say it back. I can wait, I just wanted you to know how I fe-"