The Truth Doesn't Always Hurt (2)

Moments earlier...

Minjeong hummed as she strode upstairs to fetch the two girls.

She can't lie, her mood has been at an all time high since last week. Every moment, touch, and gesture from Jimin has just been fueling to her happiness.

And to have Jimin love her back was definitely an added bonus.

As she got closer to the door, her humming stopped as her hand curled and raised, ready to knock.

But she stopped when she heard them talking. Figuring that the two needed some more time alone, she was about to walk away until she heard her a soft whimper from inside.

She quickly felt alarmed and had her hand on the door handle before she heard Jimin's voice.

"I don't know what to do anymore, Yeji." She heard Jimin say softly. "Every time I say it back to her, I feel guilty."

"Well, do you love her?"

Silence.

"I-" A pause. "I don't know."

Tears built in Minjeong's eyes. She walked away quickly, but quietly as she entered the restroom that was down the hall.

Minjeong's POV

She doesn't know if she loves me?

Why would she lie?

"There's no way. There's no way."

Was it not her shying away? Was it hesitation? Was it guilt?

"Shit."

No one's POV

"I'm, uh, I'm gonna grab another beer." Minjeong said as she stood up, making Jimin get off her as well.

She side stepped away from the girl and cleared her throat as she walked into the kitchen, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"What's with her?" Ryujin asked as the mood suddenly shifted.

In the kitchen, Minjeong opened the fridge and bent down to grab another beer, she didn't hear another girl enter the kitchen.

Arms wrapped around her waist and she softened as that familiar scent filled her space. But with where her head was at, she was also feeling her heart break.

So the first thing Minjeong did was sigh and softly pull the arms off her body.

"Can you let me explain?" Jimin desperately looked at the younger girl.

Minjeong took in a sharp breath. "There's nothing to explain." Her voice cracked as she spoke and turned away from Jimin to hide her glistening eyes.

"No. Minjeong." She reached for Minjeong's hand and held it tightly in her own. "I love-"

"Please." Minjeong said as she abruptly looked back at Jimin with tears rolling down her cheeks. "You don't have to say it if you don't mean it." She said quietly, afraid their friends might hear them.

"Baby." Jimin cried out softly.

Minjeong sighed at the sight of her lover crying and reached out to cup her cheeks. Jimin snuggled into the touch as they held eye contact.

Minjeong waited, letting the other girl savor this moment as much as she could before the shorter girl felt her heart ache.

She stepped towards Jimin and leaned up to kiss the girl's forehead. "I love you." She whispered against her skin. "Please give me some time."