A Vanilla Latte - Jongho x Reader

I swirl the cup of coffee in my hand around as I stare at it blanky. How come all my friends manage to be in relationships meanwhile all I can do is simp over a man that will never notice me? I sigh quietly to myself and take a sip of my coffee letting my eyes wander over to the barista I've been crushing on for over a month. His name is Jongho. He's in a few of my classes and I've seen him hang with his friends around campus a few times. His laugh and smile make my heart skip a beat without him even knowing. I smile at the thought of ever having the chance to make him smile somehow but I shake the thought away knowing it'll never happen.

"Hey," a voice says, breaking my train of thought, "is this seat free?"

I look up to see a guy with longish hair in a mullet that's a dark black with a little ponytail in his hair. That's cute. That's when I recognized him to be one of Jongho's friends.

"Yes it is," I replied politely, suddenly feeling shy and really confused why he chose to sit here when there was a free seat at the table just next to mine.

"Thanks, I'm waiting for my friend who's about to get off duty," he says, signaling towards Jongho as my mind puts two and two together. That means he will come over here to greet him, won't he? What is this guy doing?

I nod in acknowledgement feeling a blush creep up on my face thinking about him coming here. His face lights up as he gestures over to Jongho, "do you know him?"

"Yes- I mean, no! Not personally but I know of him," I reply in a panic feeling my face get hotter and hotter by the second. This is so embarrassing. Did I just expose myself?

"Wooyoung stop bothering customers," a voice says with a long sigh as Wooyoung giggles cheekily in response.

"I promise I wasn't a bother, right?" he asks with puppy eyes.

"Uh-"

Jongho sighs again, this time grabbing Wooyoung by the shoulders and starts shoving him out the door. But not before turning back and stretching out his hand to me. I stare in confusion as he chuckles, taking my hand and shakes it in his, "the name is Jongho, sorry to meet like this. He's always this annoying."

"Hey I heard that!" Wooyoung interjects making me laugh in response.

"It's alright, I'm Y/n," I say, actually shaking his hand back in response before taking my hand out of his hold, but boy did I not want to.

"Well, I'll see you around Y/n," he says before he points over at my cup of coffee with a grin, "a vanilla latte, right?"

My face heats up at his remark as I can't even get myself to nod in response. He waves cutely before heading off with Wooyoung who turns around and sends an encouraging wink my way. H-He knew? Oh god.

I stare in awe at the coffee trying to process but the more I think about it, the more my face heats up. Yet a small laugh of glee escapes me at his last words.

A vanilla latte.

I guess he somehow learned my order. I lean on my hand in my world of daydreams before my eyes widen. That means he noticed me, have I been coming here too often? My heart races at the thought and my cheeks flush.

I really like him, Choi Jongho.