My Comfort Place - Hongjoong x Reader

"I'm really sorry but I'm just not looking for a relationship right now," he says with an apologetic smile as I feel tears welling up in my eyes. Don't cry, don't cry...you did nothing wrong. Right?

"Thanks for telling me," I say, trying not to let my voice break and show any weakness.

"I hope we can still be friends after this," he continues with that smile I love so much. Please just go. I nodded my head, almost letting a tear slip but luckily his friends called him over as he gave me another apologetic smile before heading off in their direction, "see you later Y/n."

I turned around away from him and let the tears I've been holding run down my cheeks knowing that even if I tried to stop them, it wouldn't do anything. I sigh quietly to myself and try to wipe my eyes but instead a hand stops mine. I look up confused until I'm met with Hongjoong's concerned eyes staring into mine. What's he doing here? I thought he left for the day already.

"Why are you crying?" He asks softly, wiping my eyes himself with his thumb so gently it barely felt like it was there. I stare wide-eyed not knowing what to say next because I'll turn into a crying mess if I say anything about what just happened. How do I tell him? What would he say? He wouldn't make fun of me right? No, it's Hongjoong but still-

I don't have to say anything as Hongjoong pulls me into his arms, my head laying against his chest. He rests his head on top of mine and rubs my back softly catching me completely off guard. I thought he doesn't like physical affection.

"It's okay just let it all out," he whispers into my ear comfortingly, "you can tell me whenever you're ready."

It only took those words for me to break down in his arms. I let the tears run fully down my face and let out heartbreaking cries feeling completely heartbroken from earlier. My normal composure disappears as I sink into his arms, willingly crying into his chest. But he just stayed there stroking my hair gently humming a soft tune into my ear. My breath eventually slows back to its normal tempo as I pull my head back to look up at Hongjoong who stares right back into my eyes with a gentle smile. I sniffled seeing my tears that stained his shirt.

"I'm sorry-" I mumble out but he cuts me off.

"There's no need to be sorry, I'm always here for you to have a shoulder to cry on," he says with a gentle smile that warms my heart.

"That's the thing I don't get Joongie. How do you always manage to be at the right place at the right time? How come you're always the one saving me? I don't understand-"

He places a gentle finger on my lips with a look in his eyes I can't recognize, "because I'll always be there for the girl I love."

I blink once, twice. I stare at him with wide-eyes, "w-what did you just say?"

"I love you, Y/n," he says with a soft sigh looking down to me with a soft smile, "I know this is a bad time to say this and all-"

"I love you too, Hongjoong."

I hadn't even realized it until now. The other boy I confessed to was just our infatuation, no true feelings. I always felt my heart rate increase around Joongie but I did my best to ignore it. I only tried to get him off my mind and yet he always found the way back into my heart.

"May I?" He asks, glancing down at my lips.

"Yes-"

I didn't even finish what I was going to say as gentle lips met mine. His lips were soft just as I'd always imagined. The kiss was short as he parted his lips from mine but his eyes never strayed away from mine. I shyly smiled up at him as he returned back with the same grin.

"Does this make you mine?" He says caressing my cheek with his thumb.

"I'm all yours."