Chapter VII - Challenge

POV Ayanokoji

As soon as we left the council room, Horikita followed Chabashira around the school, whatever they were going to do.

Turning around, I see Horikita-senpai with Tachibana.

"Looks like you had a role with Suzune, I imagine. But it looks like you were tricked by Shinichi-kun." he says dismissively.

"It looks like it, weird miracles happen all the time." I feigned ignorance.

"I agree." Tachibana says with a smile.

"Looks like that guy is more than demonstrative around." Kiriyama assert.

"In fact." Horikita-senpai said with a nod. "Tell me something Ayanokoji-kun. Have you planned on joining the student council yet?"

"Huh?" That was an odd question.

"If you want, I can give you one of the vacancies." He points.

"P-president!?" Tachibana exclaims.

"It's okay Tachibana, so Ayanokoji-kun do you accept?"

"No, I can't do it. That would draw too much attention and I just want to live a quiet life." I declared.

"I see. In that case, I can only give you one piece of advice, be careful with Shinichi-kun." He warns. "I'm sure you don't want to make him your enemy."

For some reason I feel a sense of discomfort. "Are you saying he could become a danger to me?"

"No, he doesn't strike me as that kind of person and I've already confirmed that." He asserts with confidence. "However, if anyone gets in his way. He'll dismiss them as if they were nothing."

"..."

"If I had to say, he's a nice person, but he doesn't like it when other people are suffering while others just watch and laugh." I understand.

"That was it... See you around, Ayanokoji-kun." Horikita-senpai walks past me, leaving me alone in the hallway.

Looking to the corner of the window, just admiring the view. "The rain is getting harder and harder." I said to myself.

Taking a step forward, Horikita was in front of me standing next to Chabashira-sensei. Chabashira just walks past me, leaving just me and Horikita alone.

"Looks like bad times happened." Decides to break the silence.

"..."

"Shinichi is technically amazing, I'll admit. Maybe—" She cuts me off.

"Where's Akiyama." No honorifics, I see.

"I don't know either, me and you asking that same question."

She sighs. "Let's find him..."

I looked to the corner of the window. "...?"

"Wait." I said, making her stop along with me. "What he is doing?" I pointed to a person in a white mask walking towards the back of the school.

"I don't know... Could it be him?" she asked.

"Want to check it out?" She nods and we decide to follow this person.

___________

POV Horikita

"Why did you call me here Chabashira-sensei?" I asked

"What do you think of all this?" She returned the question.

"I don't know how to respond, Akiyama is technically too complex. I can't even read his expressions or understand his way of thinking, he's... very complex indeed." I see Chabashira smiling. "Like you said last time."