Chapter XXIV - The New Special Exam

POV Akiyama

I was currently in President Sakayanagi's office. I need his permission to release a new 'special exam' if I become the new student council president.

This exam was nothing more than a simple exam to get 'class points' for those who lost points in the previous exams. It will be a similar exam to the island exam, those who lose or fail will lose 0 points and there will be no negative points.

It would be interesting to see people's reactions when we find out that this exam will focus on 'Russian roulette'.

"Your exam passed, Shinichi-kun." Said the president. "I give my permission for this exam to take place after the elections, provided. The students will have vacation for half of the month."

15 days vacation? Not bad.

"I appreciate your time, President." I bow. "Excuse me."

"Fufu~ You have my complete gratitude, Shinichi." He holds out his hands and points towards the door politely. "Please..."

Smiling, I picked up the stack of papers that were on the table and walked towards the door.

*Click*

As soon as the sound of the ecological door passes through the hallway, I hear footsteps. Someone is approaching me, and I can already imagine who it is.

*Tap!*

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?..." Turning my head to the side, none other than... "Shinichi-kun?"

It was Tachibana Akane.

"Let's talk about this matter halfway." I said, to which she nods as we walk down the halls. "Principal Sakayanagi approved the new 'special exam' I created."

"Are you talking about that little game of russian roulette?" She looks at me curiously.

"Yes, see." I showed her the paperwork.

"Hmmm... That's interesting, that would be very beneficial for the lessons." She continues to go through the paperwork before handing it to me. "I think I understand why Manabu doesn't care much about you."

"Huh?"

"You don't seem like the kind of person who will ruin people's lives, even if it has something to do with your 'greedy goal'. You will help all people, no matter if they will thank you in the future or not. "

"..." I was intrigued by her words. "Haah... you guys are weird sometimes."

"Haha! No need to be embarrassed, Shinichi-kun" She smiled at me before looking at me with a serious expression. "But that wasn't why you called me, right? What was your reason for calling me, really?"

"This from here."

I grabbed a paper from underneath the piles I carried in my hands.

"What is that?" She asks.

"'A file' that has something to do with the upcoming special exam..." I just looked at her sideways with a neutral expression. "Which will happen after the holidays."

After reading it, she starts staring at me with wide eyes.

"W-wait! T-this is an exam that results in expulsions!"

"Yes..."

"But what does that have to do with our conversation?"

"Why was it Nagumo who asked President Sakayanagi for confirmation." I decide to get straight to the point.