Chapter 4: Hotel Wine

Jaune, now armed with a new sword by his side, continued to practice his swordplay as he left his home estate. He was a man who refused to remain stagnant, always seeking to learn and grow through travel and new experiences. While he mourned his father's death, he chose to channel his sadness into honing his skills and pursuing his dream. He believed that such losses should fuel his determination rather than consume him.

On his journey, he unwittingly caught the attention of a figure in Atlas... James Ironwood, the General of the Atlas Army. Jaune's name resonated with Ironwood, leading to an unexpected encounter between the two. Prepared to strike down Ironwood and his soldiers, Jaune sensed no malice from them and chose to engage in conversation instead. Ironwood extended an offer to Jaune, inviting him to consider joining the Atlas military. Though Jaune initially intended to decline, fate took a turn. Ironwood proposed a deal: he would provide Jaune with access to extensive training resources and personal lessons if Jaune kept the possibility of joining the army in the future.

With the promise of unparalleled training, Jaune found himself in Atlas. Despite his tender age of nearly 12, he trained relentlessly, breaking numerous training gears and equipment. The Atlas training room struggled to keep up with his burgeoning swordsmanship skills, requiring consistent upgrades to accommodate his abilities. Jaune resided in the Atlas Academy's dorm room and explored the campus extensively. His interactions with other students remained questionable, as his imposing presence tended to intimidate them. Only those like Ironwood, or those unfazed by fear, managed to maintain normal interactions with him.

The Atlas Council initially raised concerns about a child's presence on the campus. However, witnessing Jaune's remarkable strength firsthand changed their perspective. While they approved of his presence, they also requested that General Ironwood avoid putting the young boy in overly dangerous situations. They recognized Jaune's potential and wished to ensure he had a bright future ahead of him.

At this point in time, Jaune was engaged in a sparring session within the training room, facing off against a few Atlas students. These students had previously attempted to bully Jaune, only to find themselves on the receiving end of his deadly swordsmanship. Right now, Jaune blade was clashing against a white hair women with enough force to cause slight cracks in the floor beneath them.

Women: Step down, Jaune Arc. You've done enough damage.

The clash of their blades came to a halt, and the tension hung in the air.

Jaune: Winter. They are supposed to be the future protectors and law enforcement. If they fail at their duties, isn't it fair for me to hold them accountable with my blade? They struck first, which allowed me to defend myself. Don't you think?

Winter: You have a point, but you don't have the right to take it so far. Leave the punishments to the academy staff. You can trust that they will ensure such mistakes won't be repeated.

The woman, identified as Winter Schnee, was well-aware of Jaune's tendencies and his history. She knew he would go to great lengths to put those who disrespected him and his blade in their place. After a tense standoff, their blades eventually separated. Jaune slung his sword over his shoulder and began to walk away.

Jaune: I have no time for such trivial fights. What kind of man wastes his time playing with sticks? Winter Schnee, if they repeat their actions, it will be up to the academy staff and General Ironwood to find new soldiers to replace those who behave like walking corpses.

The intimidated students flinched at Jaune's words, while Winter Schnee sighed in annoyance and nodded. She turned her attention to the fearful students, knowing that they would soon have to answer to General Ironwood, who had been observing the situation closely.