Chapter 9: Test Start

The next day arrived as Jaune was sitting in the back of the large bullhead, The interior of the ship was less high tech compared to Atlas but it gave off a more normal basic feeling which didn't feel to bad. The people around Jaune was honestly quite disappointing. 

Jaune wondered at how disappointed it is for such weaklings to throw away their lives, It would not surprise Jaune at all whether someone has died before in the test. Along the flight, Jaune spotted people such as that silver eye girl beside a blondie with Hair that looked quite familiar as they tried to talk to some black hair girl with a bow which to Jaune realized that she must be some Faunus person with those small twitches. To Jaune surprised, He saw a girl who looked very spoiled with white hair and blue eyes.

"So that must be Weiss Schnee, Winter sister..." Jaune thought with curiosity.

He continue to observe them such as how they stand and speak and facial expression. Jaune discovered from his observation that the Silver eyes girl is some child with no confidence and lacks what a huntsman should act, Blondie is a mindless bull who acts without thinking though does seem to have good sister-like instincts. Faunus girl who quite, Her frame and curves reveals that she doesn't have a lot of strength so she will use her agility and flexibility to fight which also explain that she will use a light weapon where it wont affect her movements and finally is the Schnee, She was a spoiled brat who acts like a child despite seemly to look like she was trained on a strictly manner like Winter and the teacher of Weiss would not surprise Jaune if it was Winter and their father.

Jaune looked back down and shut his eyes, He was quite disappointed once more. The only person that seem to be worth a moment of his time was that Pyrrha Nikos girl who was looking nervous in the front though She still need to grow before she becomes a proper fighter for him.

Soon after the shipped landed, Everyone left to grab their sword, gun or whatever machinal shifting weapon  they had or at least it was... Everyone except Jaune. He refused to put his sword anywhere else but his side and back. Jaune was the first to leave because of this, Entering out to the open where the side view when he was walking on a platform to a cliff side was to say very calming, Lush land of green forest was nicely spread everywhere and the bright warm sun was beaming onto him as small birds chirpers was in the background. 

"Mr Arc, I am happy to see you accepted my offer" The man named Ozpin looked over to him as he held a scroll and next to a matured blond hair women who looked quite young but also strict.

"I have accepted Nothing so do not mistake it again, I am here to see if it was worth my time or not" Jaune coldly stated as he walked to the square that was built into the ground with a small metal pole behind it with different people faces. "Of course, I do hope it goes well while you are in Vale then Mr Arc" Ozpin smiled as the other women looked confused at Ozpin, Perhaps for the reason why Ozpin who is the headmaster of all people being coldly spoken to by one of the children that has yet to even enter the academy? "Jaune Arc... I only barely know of that boy but if what James said was true then, It would be best to keep an eye out for this boy" The women beside Ozpin decided to keep in mind of this boy.

The initiation test had begun, and the students found themselves on their respective platforms, listening to Professor Ozpin's explanation of the dangers that awaited them in the forest. As he spoke, tension filled the air, and some students wore expressions of fear and uncertainty, while others displayed cocky smiles, eager to prove themselves.

With Ozpin's instructions given, one by one, each platform launched the students into the sky, sending them hurtling down into the depths of the forest. There were shouts of "Ahhhh!" as some students yelled in shock and fear while they flew through the air. Jaune, however, was determined not to fall behind. He may have been the last student to be launched, but he took advantage of the platform's trigger to give himself a powerful boost, propelling himself far above the others.

As Jaune continued to soar through the air, the forest below unfolded before him. It was a dense expanse of towering trees and thick underbrush, with patches of sunlight breaking through the canopy to create a mesmerizing play of light and shadow. The forest seemed both beautiful and ominous, a place filled with unknown dangers.

Suddenly, Jaune's flight caught the attention of a Nevermore Grimm, a massive bird-like creature nearing adulthood. With predatory instincts, it swooped down from the sky, thinking Jaune would make for an easy meal. However, the Grimm had gravely underestimated Jaune Arc, who had prepared himself for such a confrontation. He reached for Yoru, His a bored expression unchanging as he is ready to deal with a small wild creature.

 He reached for Yoru, His a bored expression unchanging as he is ready to deal with a small wild creature

Jaune swiftly reacted to the approaching Nevermore Grimm. Raising Yoru high above his head. In a fluid and swift motion, he brought the weapon down with great force, slashing through the air.

A powerful shockwave of energy surged forward, cutting through the space in front of him like a deadly wave. The air itself seemed to split asunder as the energy sliced straight down the middle of the Nevermore's body, severing it cleanly in two.

The Grimm let out a deafening screech as its form disintegrated into dark ashes, scattering into the wind. Jaune had swiftly dispatched the menacing creature, leaving only the fading echoes of the Grimm's cry to linger in the forest.

He place Yoro back on his back before he stared at the incoming ground below him where he safely landed without a single issue or problem

Jaune continued to move through the forest with an unimpressed expression, his disappointment evident in his demeanor. He let out a sigh, expecting more of a challenge from a Grimm who is suppose to be Remnant biggest threat. Nevertheless, he pressed forward with narrowed eagle like eyes, his Red rosed jacket swaying in the breeze as he was ready for any sort of interesting event that may come his way in this unfamiliar environment.