Chapter 16: Roses

September 21 2022

It was the next day as Desmond was training with Bobby Lashley, Desmond got some good strikes on Bobby and countered his attacks well, He continued to improve himself with the help of watching MMA matches as well.

Bobby was going to hit a combo of strikes to Desmond, but Crowe managed to block it, which impressed Bobby as They continued training.

But as they were training, Desmond began to remember Finn's words about his father and even had memories of how he was blamed for his father's death, His blood boiled before he roared and punched Bobby hard in the face before realising what he did.

Bobby: Oww! What was that for?

Desmond closed his fist and was silent before Bobby punched him in the face as Crowe was touching his cheek while trying to control his anger, knowing that it was his mistake.

Desmond; Ow. . . I think I deserve that.

Bobby: Of course, you just punched me out of the blue.

Desmond: Sorry, Mister Lashley.

Bobby just stared at him as Desmond was looking at him before they resumed their training. After some time, They were finally done as they were sitting down and resting up.

Bobby: You did great, but I'm still angry at you for that punch. What has gotten into you anyway?

Desmond: Look, I was just distracted.

Bobby: You say that all the time. Care to explain a little?

Desmond sighed to himself and didn't want to speak to him as Lashley was looking at him until Desmond said something.

Desmond: I don't want to talk about it, but I just regret it a lot

Bobby: You basically hate yourself?

Desmond: I really do hate myself.

The guilt and regret is something he could never get over. Desmond can't move on knowing this was his mistake.

Instead of Bobby giving his intimidating look, He looked like he understood how Desmond was feeling, even after being harsh to his students. Bobby felt something different with him.

He patted his shoulder, which surprised Desmond since he would never do something like that as Bobby said something.

Bobby: You should know your worth, Kid.

Desmond looked at him and was silent as Bobby was looking at him.

Bobby: Don't let yourself down, Remember that.

Desmond: Uh, thanks. . .

Bobby: I know. It's odd hearing this from a tough guy like me. But I don't want to look like a cold dirt bag to you.

Desmond chuckled as Bobby had a small smile on his face until Desmond had a message on his phone as He saw who it was from.

Disha: Hey Desmond! Where are you? I'm been waiting for you outside the school. I hope you're doing okay. ♡

He realised that he was late for school from the training session. But Desmond couldn't help but smile at the message as he responded to her.

Bobby: Is that coming from a girl?

Desmond: How do you know??

Bobby: You're smiling like an idiot to your phone.

Desmond rolled his eyes as Bobby smiled at him. The two joked a little and shared a laugh together before Desmond went to take a shower in the gym bathroom before changing into his casual clothes.