Chapter 20: Within My Heart

October 1 2022

It was the next day as today was a weekend, Desmond just finished training in the gym with Bobby while learning new moves. Both of them were on good terms again after Bobby found out about Desmond's past, which made him really sad, Crowe even explained more about his strained relationship with his mother

Right now, Bobby and Desmond were talking to each other as Bobby had a question for him.

Bobby: So why exactly have you been learning mixed martial arts?

Desmond decided to be honest with him as He began explaining what happened in the party with Finn along with how Balor provoked Desmond about his father. He explained further before ending it where Finn wanted a challenge from Desmond.

Bobby: Hearing this makes me want to punch that guy in the face

Desmond: I agree, I just want to make sure to win and defeat him. I want him to learn his lesson.

Bobby was silent and looked at Desmond as He said something.

Bobby: Hey, just be careful, okay? Don't overwork yourself, and most importantly, be careful with what choice you make.

Desmond: I will, but what do you mean by that?

Bobby: It's nothing, I'm just making sure you don't get hurt. I know how it feels when someone calls out your loved one.

Desmond nodded as Bobby was looking at the ground while thinking about something, They continued talking more before Desmond left the gym.

Bobby was watching Desmond walk away. However, Lashley was feeling a bit worried when he heard about the beatdown Desmond was going to have with Finn.

Later on, the time was seven p.m as Desmond was seen helping his sister with her homework as Crowe was looking at the book before he spoke to her.

Desmond: Hey, We can finish this later. Besides, it's a weekend

Lexy: I know, but I just want to be prepared.

Desmond: You will do great, Sis. I believe in you.

Lexy nodded and closed the book as Desmond was looking at her before Lexy smiled and said something.

Lexy: You know, when you help me with my homework, I always remember Dad. He always helped both of us with our homework.

Desmond: *Smiles* Yeah, especially with my math test. I was really worried that day, because if I failed. Mom would take the xbox away from me.

Lexy: *Laughs* But dad came in the rescue.

They both shared a good laugh together, but Desmond was feeling emotional and sad but still kept the smile on his face.

Lexy: Hey, whenever we save up more money, We should buy another console.

Desmond: I'm thinking we should buy the PlayStation 5 next time.

Lexy: Yes!! I'm been wanting that!

Desmond chuckled and nodded before he heard his mother calling him downstairs as Crowe narrowed his eyes.

Lexy: Desmond, Mom needs you.

Desmond: Does she always remember me when she needs to buy something?

Lexy was looking at him as Desmond sighed and got up, She looked sad and decided to check what was happening. Soon, they were downstairs as Desmond saw his mother sitting on the sofa as She looked at him.

Jenna: Are you busy?

Desmond: No. . . I'm not.

Lately, He noticed that his mother was speaking to him softly after the argument. Jenna was looking at him as She got up.