Chapter Twelve

12.
Chapter Twelve : Inko Midoriya

Izuku Midoriya grew up on one of the biggest cattle ranches in Mighty River. His mother, Inko Midoriya, worked as a nanny for the ranch owner until Izuku turned 15. Inko worked her ass off for the Todoroki family for 15–almost 16 years—so that eventually, she could buy her own place.

Just down the lane from the Todoroki's ranch is a small two bedroom cabin, where Izuku spent the rest of his adolescent years. The cabin sat on three acres of land and cost Inko all of her savings to purchase, but despite how pricey it was, it meant the world to Inko.

Izuku and his mother lived together in the cabin for three years before Inko sadly passed away, leaving the property to her son just a few months after his 18th birthday. The last time Izuku saw the cabin was two years ago on his way to the capital.

Now, two years later, he's standing in front of the run down cabin with tears in his eyes. These last two years were not kind to anyone, especially the cabin Izuku called home. Whereas Izuku has aged thanks to war, his home has aged due to two years of neglect. The windows are all dusty and the porch looks like it's going to collapse in on itself. One of the banisters holding up the porch's roof is bowing in on itself and green plants are growing between the wooden planks.

Y/n hops down out of her seat in the wagon and slowly rounds the vehicle to stand at Izuku's side. Without much thought, she grabs his hand and squeezes. "Do you want me to come in with you...?" She asks, her voice low.

Izuku shakes his head with a sniffle, "No... I think... I think I'll be okay." He mutters.

With the help of Y/n, he's able to get down out of the wagon. Y/n watches with furrowed brows as he hobbles his way inside the house. When she can longer see him, Y/n turns on her heel to hitch the horses to a nearby post.

She does this so that she doesn't have to worry about them wandering off while she looks around. She knows how much this place means to Izuku and it pains her to see it in such a bad state.

She wanders around the property, assessing the damage and mentally making a list of things she would need to do to restore the cabin. There was a lot more damage than Y/n originally thought, so it'll take a lot more work to make it habitual again. But it's work Y/n would happily do!

Y/n eventually finds her way to the front porch once again and when she does, she turns to face the land surrounding the cabin. There isn't very much space for a herd of capital or anything of the sort, but eventually it could be home to a horse or some donkeys and chickens! A barn would have to be built, but that's no biggie.

She's off in her head, picturing what the property could look like with a few womanly touches. Somehow, she goes from imagining a small barn just to the left of the cabin to fantasizing about living her life with Izuku as his wife. She pictures little faceless children with curly green hair running around wreaking havoc and Izuku, who aged like fine wine, working hard under the sun. They'd probably have a dog, one from the Todoroki's or one from the Iida family—it didn't matter—and maybe even a cat or two!

She's so lost in her fantasies—thinking of life where she could call herself his wife—that she doesn't hear Izuku leaving the house. She doesn't hear him inch his way down the steps and she doesn't even know he's there until he clears his throat, tapping her shoulder.

Y/n practically jumps out of her skin. "Oh! You scared me! Did you get everything?" She asks, clearing her own throat. She ignores the burning in her cheeks and begins to untie the horses so that they can head home.

Izuku passes Y/n to throw his sack of clothes into the wagon. He also tosses a toolbox in there and lifts himself into the wagon. He scoots across the bench so that he can drive the horses this time. "Uh—yeah, I did! Most of my old clothes won't fit me now but I found a few things." He explains.

Y/n hums, "Well that's good." She replies. She does her part to turn the horses around in the driveway then hops into the wagon. She leans back into the bench with a yawn. "I'm so ready for a nap."

Izuku flicks the reins with a whistle, urging the horses to walk on. He glances down at Y/n with a smile, "You can sleep, I won't mind. Besides, it's a long drive home."

"Are you sure?"

Izuku nods, "Of course!"

After a few moments, Y/n's head falls back and a rough yawn rips through her throat. Without a second thought, she scoots closer to Izuku and lays her head down on his shoulder. She's out like a light in less than ten seconds.

this is just a filler. i was gonna write
more, but i thought this would be a good
place to stop before things got too crazy.
anyways, i hope you're enjoying the
story so far! 🫶🏼