One last shard |23|

Elio's POV

|1| I tried my best to find Ren but he ran away too fast. He probably shifted and sprinted off. As I tried to follow his scent I felt a strong headache forming. It was the result of another act of rejection. I pushed through it and shifted, trying to sniff out his scent better with my wolf nose.

|2| I sniffed that his scent was getting duller and duller. I felt tears form in my eyes. They were blurring my vision so it made it much more difficult. I ran through the woods, strange... Why was Ren going here? My God did he run fast for an omega.

|3| I ran deeper and saw him. He was laying on a rock. His right front paw seemed bent. I felt that he was crying from emotional and physical pain. I walked towards him but that made him back away which made his paw crack a little which made him yelp out in pain.

|4| After that he shifted back into his normal form, tears still rapidly falling down his face. He was now clutching his right hand while leaning on a rock. I shifted back and rushed over to him only to be pushed away. "G-go away!" Ren sobbed.

|5| I ignored that and softly grabbed his right arm. His wrist was purple. He actually managed to break his hand while running. While I was looking at his arm I felt something. It wasn't positive. Ren was shaking under me. My eyes widened in realization.

|6| He didn't feel safe with me anymore.

|7| I took a deep breath and started my healing pheromones which would help him heal faster. As soon as he sniffed it he pushed himself off me, landing on his broken hand which sprouted some tears in his eyes.

|8| "Leav-ve me a-alone.. I'm just a game for you to play with, aren't I?! I'm not f-fallin-g for your t-tricks again!," He screamed, stuttering Interrupting his speech a few times. "If you don't like me then stop acting like you care! You said you would rather die than be mates with me!" He sobbed, rubbing his eyes with his alright hand.

|9| "Ren I never meant any of that." I said, trying to convince him but he didn't take it. "Yes, you did! So just reject me already!" He yelled and my eyes widened. He basically just asked me to kill him. His sobs ran through my ears as my headache got worse.

|10| "You never show me affection, love, or kindness. You always ignore me whenever I want to do something together." He wiped his eyes as cries sounded. "So-metimes I wonder why but it's p-p...retty obvious. You want a big alpha to be your mate and I c-could never do that..."

|11| He fell to his knees. "J-just... Reject me..." he pleaded. "I-...No!" I cried. "I.. thought y-you actually were gonna accept me... But i-... I'm just stupid..." I knelt down and cupped his face, I gave him a sorrowful look. "B-but... I want y-you to be happy..." he sobbed out. Before I could even open my mouth, Ren started again. "I, Ren Fernbrew..." My eyes grew wide, He was going to reject me.

|12| My body felt frozen for a few seconds. Without even realizing I grabbed onto Ren and put my hand over his mouth harshly making him stop. He looked at me, eyes wide. I felt my heart pounding. Tears started pouring out of my eyes. "Elio?! I-i'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry!" Ren yelled as he started wiping my tears.

|13| As soon as I realized what was happening I broke down. Ren embraced me in a hug which made me cry harder. I could barely breathe and my chest felt tight. My head rested on Ren's shoulders. Ren's pheromones were dull, yet calming.

|14| "It's okay Elio..." He cooed as he rubbed my back. In that moment I felt so pathetic. For months I've gone without crying but now that streak is ruined. Ren pulled my head up a bit and kissed my cheek. I couldn't speak. Hy mouth was focused on getting oxygen to my brain.

|15| Ren's grip on me got tighter as he helped me slowly steady my breaths. My vision was blurred so I couldn't really see him properly but I heard it. I slowly calmed down and Ren smiled at me. As I closed my eyes and began to rest, Erix took control and I blacked out.

|16| When I awoke Ren was laying beside me peacefully. He was asleep. I rubbed my eyes and I felt the absolute grip that Ren had on my arm. I just laid my head against the headboard and stared off into space.

|17| I don't remember the details of yesterday. All I know is that agni happened, Ren tried to reject me out of pity and now I'm here. I spotted my phone on the bedside table and went on it.

|18| I took occasional glances at Ren. After a big I rested my head back on the headrest and sighed. I hope today will be better...

ʜᴇʟʟᴏ!

|

ʜᴏᴡ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ?

|

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ

|

ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ (ꜰᴏʀ ᴇxᴛʀᴇᴍᴇʟʏ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ ᴏɴʟʏ)