Prologue

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

Life is full of misfortunes and pain. It has a way of breaking a person down until there is nothing less left for them to live for. No matter if you were born poor or rich, it will always be there to get you. I remember the day, no matter how old I get. The day I heard the last sound I ever heard. The day my life changed forever.

When I was five years old, my mother was killed, the same day that I was shot and led to me eventually going deaf. It was never the same after that. I was alone. No one was there to catch me when I fell, kiss my cuts, or read me to sleep. My family was gone and my world was crushed.

After years of foster care and living in and out of hospitals, everything changed again. Life cut me a break and the Bennett's adopted me. They gave me anything money could buy and the one thing I wanted most, a family. Gunner, our neighbor, turned out to be the man who brought me out of my shell. He made me see the light out of the darkness, the greatness out of despair.

He made me believe again, but now I need to find a way to live again.

What do you think?? Shall I continue? Yay or Nay? I need your opinion! Let me know..