Chapter 16

Inside Nancy's dream

In oakwood golf course

11 years old Nancy's POV

Last week,I just talked with Hugo.Why am I suddenly feeling jealous when I see him talking to Dalia ? He is way out of my league.He deserve to have someone like Dalia.She is beautiful and rich just like him.

15 years old Nancy's POV

"Why can't you do anything right ?"Nancy's mom yelled.

"I'm sorry"I answer.

"Why can't you be like your sister ?"

"Since you fancy her a lot,I think it's better for me to leave this house"

"What is going on here ?"Nancy's dad ask.

"I told her to grab me the big bowl but she grab the medium bowl"Nancy's mom admit.

"Maybe,you shouldn't be too harsh on her"Nancy's dad said.

"I can't stand it anymore.Ever since Angelica is born,you gave more attention to her than me.It's like I'm not in the family picture anymore"I point to the family portrait.

"You have given me nothing but hardship"Nancy's mom admit.

"I should be the one who said that to you.When I was happy,you took my happiness away.Just like how you separated me from him"I admit.

"Who is this him are you speaking about ?"

"The guy I love in oakwood golf course"

"That guy isn't even that handsome"

"At least,he treats me nicely"

"He only knows you from the outside not the whole you"

"You think you know me very well ?"

"I am your mother and I have raised you since you were born.You should be grateful I love you.Many kids out there want a mother but they don't have one"

"You mean a mother who can't even treat her child well ?"

"I love you and your little sister equally"

"Liar.Whenever my sister made a mistake,I get the blame not her.You call that equally ?"

Nancy's mother went speechless at her words.

20 years old Nancy's POV

"I think we should stop"I said.

"Why ?"Hugo ask.

"I feel like we're not going anywhere with this relationship"

"If you want a break,I don't mind"

"I don't want breaks.I want us to forget each other and move on with life"

"We can't possibly do that.Are you out of your mind  ?"

"I am freeing you from my torture"

"You do not torture me.Somedays,you have terrible mood swings but I am always at your side"

"The problem isn't you"

"Then,what's the problem ?"

"I am the one who is broken and constantly crave for your love.I am the one who needs your validation all the damn time.I am the one who cause all the drama and you deserve someone better"

"Someone better like who ?"

"Like Dalia"

"Whoa,whoa,whoa easy.I only thought of Dalia as a friend not as a lover"

"But she can take care of you better than me"

"Listen,there is a lot of girls out there who craves for my love.But,they aren't a winner.You wanna know why ?"

"Why is that ?"

"Because you are the one I want.You are the winner of my heart"Hugo takes my hand put it at his chest.

"What's the meaning of this ?"

"My heart beats faster when there is you"I drop a tear.

"That won't change me"

"Then,what will ?"

"Let's lost contact again"

"No,no,no.I can't lose you again after last time"

"Maybe,my mother was right to separate us both"

"Don't say that,Nancy"

"I love you but I need to let you go from my life"he instantly hugged me at the spot.

"This is way too hard for me"

"I know it's not gonna be easy but it will be worth it at the end"

"I have loved you from the first day I met you at oakwood golf course"

"And I have loved you from our first conversation there"

"This is so not fair"

"I know I may sound selfish but let's lose each other for the second time and hope we find a better partner"

"I respect your decision,Nancy Wheaper"

"And I respect you,Hugo James"

I wake up from my dream and look at my surroundings.This is not my room.Where am I ?