Chapter 67 - Thanks

AFTER THAT EMOTIONAL SHIT WITH Aqua,
we just talked about what happened in our lives when the other was absent.

Everything.

And as expected, he was more expressive than before. Even when we were in a relationship.

I love this version of him more. Sure, the former was cool since he had a mysterious and ominous vibe, but seriously, a burden-less and carefree Aqua looks more refreshing to look at for me.

Maybe because he's easier to talk to. Maybe because he laughs faster.

Or maybe because I just love him and wish him happiness more than anything.

I was over the moon about every single thing. About my relationship with Aqua being restored, my life here being permanent, and dying in two months becoming invalid since my goals have been fulfilled!

Aqua's arm was wrapped around me, hugging me tightly as we chatted while staring at the sky.

Being with him is the best gift god ever gave me.

~

Aqua dropped me off at my apartment thirty minutes later. Ray called the both of us in, saying he needed help with the others who were drunk.

In the end, I was the only one Aqua dropped off and left the others to Ray. Poor guy.

I was smiling all the way to the apartment. But my smile immediately faded when I realized such an important information.

' Wait, Luvien said that he can't speak of contracts or deals he makes with humans, or else he'll face consequences. . .! '

I rushed to the apartment, fiddling with the keys and finally getting in.

"Luvien!" I yelled, no response.

I became worried. I looked around, and once I finished looking around the living room and kitchen, there was still no signs of Luvien.

"Where the heck are you?" I mumbled.

"Boo!"

"Putangina mo!" I yelled.

"HAHAHAHA FUCK YOUR EXPRESSION'S PRICELESS!" he laughed, slapping his knees roughly.

I stood still, my left eye twitching as I clenched my fists together.

"You fucktard. . ."

~

After beating him up, I decided to ask him about what he'll do from now on.

"I dunno, I'll head back to where I came from? My role has been fulfilled since you and Aqua are finally together again." he shrugged.

"How'd you even know?"

"Duh, of course I would. I made sure I'll get notified if ever my job is done, and turns out it is."

"You should be grateful to me, if I didn't interfere, you two wouldn't have the courage to lash out on each other and be honest. " Luvien shrugged.

" His expression when I told him everything was priceless! I was laughing over it for quite a long time. " he reminisced.

" Yeah, yeah. But you shared your and Eura's deal? Why? " I asked.

" Oh, I never disobeyed any rules. Eura said that I was free to tell it to two people if the right time comes, and you better be thankful that I used those chances wisely. " he huffed.

" That kid isn't really a bad kid, you know? She was just really tired of her life and wanted to escape, which was why she called me. "

" She was pitiful and kind. The moment she found out you were in love with someone, she immediately made another deal with me, despite my insisting that if she does, her soul would crumble completely. "

" But nevertheless, she still chose to help you. All because she was thankful to you. "

" She said she couldn't thank you enough for helping her mother, and that she owed you a lot. "

" I admire that child, really. " Luvien smiled.

" I see. So she went to such lengths just to pay me back. " I smiled.

" Her soul. . . is crumbled now? "

" No. I preserved it. " Luvien winked.

" But of course, she no longer has consciousness. I don't want to prolong her suffering. "

" Why do you ask? "

" I wanted to say thank you. " I said.

" I'll convey your message to her."

" Will she hear it? "

" Probably not. "

" But you still want to let her hear it, no? "

" You know me so well. "

" Bitch, I've been watching you ever since you transmigrated here, of course I do. "

"What a creep. "

" Excuse m- " he was cut off when I hugged him tightly.

He froze, but melted into the hug and hugged back after a few seconds.

" Thank you for helping me, Luvien. "

" Sure, sure. "