Chapter 15: PCOS Can Affect Anyone

Who can get PCOS?
In PCOS, there is no racial or ethnic prejudice.
There could be effects on women of all racial and cultural backgrounds.
It's critical to realize that no certain population is exclusively affected by PCOS. PCOS affects persons of all ancestries, regardless of whether they are Asian, African, European, or any other.
Statistics show that between the ages of 15 and 44, or the reproductive years, PCOS affects 5% to 10% of women.
Most women learn they have PCOS when they are in their 20s or 30s and seek medical attention because they are having problems getting pregnant.
PCOS, however, can appear at any age following puberty.
It's crucial to remember that factors like obesity or a family history of the condition are associated with a higher risk of developing PCOS.
Your risk may increase if your mother, sister, or aunt has PCOS. But it's important to keep in mind that women without these particular risk factors might nonetheless develop PCOS.
Delicia's battle with PCOS began when she was a teenager. It's crucial to eliminate the misconception that PCOS only affects obese women because she wasn't overweight at the time.
PCOS can affect women of all races, sizes, and ethnic backgrounds.
Delicia's PCOS ultimately caused her to gain weight and develop obesity. It's important to understand that weight gain related to PCOS can be complex and not just the result of a person's lifestyle choices.
Delicia made an attempt, even though she had difficulty losing weight. She tried a variety of diets and exercise plans but didn't seem to achieve the desired outcomes.
She tried for years to lose the extra weight, but she just kept gaining more.
Delicia's story brings to light the difficulties that many PCOS-affected women encounter when trying to control their weight. It is critical to realize that managing weight with PCOS necessitates a customized strategy as well as knowledge of the underlying hormonal abnormalities.
Delicia experienced a sense of impending doom when she learned she had PCOS. She frequently wished she could go back in time to push for earlier diagnosis and treatment. She believed that if she had known about her PCOSsooner, she could have been able to properly manage it and prevent the development of cysts on her ovaries.
She tortured herself by ruminating on potential outcomes. She quickly discovered, though, that it is never too late to control PCOS and put sensible management measures in place.
No matter when PCOS is discovered, there is always a chance to change for the better and take control of one's health. Through education, medical consultations, and the use of specialized techniques, women with PCOS can take charge of their disease and work towards improved health.
It's essential to let go of self-blame and focus on the present while making use of the resources and tools at hand if you want to survive with PCOS.
Anyone can be affected by PCOS, but with knowledge, assistance, and a proactive attitude, we can travel this road together and enable women to live full lives despite the difficulties this complex condition presents.