3:: cookies and sleepovers

:i met you too soon for anything to bloom
(bloom, matilda mann)

•••••

dream found him and sapnap laying on his bed, looking at his ceiling. the two boys were talking about anything that had came to mind really, entertaining themselves with their own stupidity.

most of the time, dream wished his bed was bigger. he hated how crammed he was in the twin size bed. he was too tall for it anyways so he alone barely fit.

but with sapnap laying in it as well, he was suddenly grateful for the tight fit. he loved the feeling of sapnap crammed up against him, the two had to practically lay on top of each other to fit in the small bed together.

dream loved every second of it. he loved everything about having to be so close to sapnap, sharing body heat.

he for once decided to pay attention to sapnaps stories instead of just staring at him—which dream wanted to do more of but he needed to listen to what the boy had to say.

but that became too much of a task when he couldn't focus on what the boy was saying. he opted back to admiring the boy in front of him. words were too much for his brain right now.

sapnap nudged dream, finally catching his attention. "do you think it would be okay for me to sleep here tonight? my parents have been fighting a lot more often and i don't think i can handle another night of hearing it." sapnap explained tentatively. dream smiled sympathetically.

"you're always welcome to stay the night sapnap!" dream happily said. sapnaps face lit up with happiness. he seemed to be relieved he didn't have to listen to his parents again.

"thanks man."

those words lingered on dreams mind longer than they should have. 'man' was just a nickname so why did it hurt so much to be called that?

dream found so much discomfort in the idea of him and sapnap only ever being best friends. he hated the thought of that, but yet he doesn't even know why. why does he hate the idea of him and sapnap only being friends?

they've been best friends for years! what's the issue now?

"anytime."

•••••

"we gotta make food!" dream shouts in the kitchen. sapnap only chuckles at the boys words.

the two have no idea when they managed to get downstairs and into the kitchen but they're there now, and they're hungry. the two thought it would be fun to attempt to make food.

they both had no clue what they were doing and that was the thrill of it. "what should we make?" sapnap asked the older boy. dream looked down into his eyes, holding eye contact.

dream found himself never wanting to look away from sapnaps eyes but he knows he has to. he'll hold it for as long as he can before sapnap gets suspicious though.

"what about cookies?" dream suggested. sapnap nods in agreement which made dream feel all fuzzy on the inside. "it's pretty hard to fuck up cookies too." sapnap added which got dream to start laughing.

"then we're all set!" dream happily exclaimed. he turned around to search his kitchen for ingredients the two would need for cookies. he realized after staring in his cabinets for longer than necessary, he had no idea what someone needed to make cookies.

he turned around back to the boy who he couldn't stop staring at. "what do we need?" he asked him, using this as his opportunity to stare at sapnap without being judged. sapnap shrugged.