13:: going into confession w/o a priest

:you can act all shy, but you know i want you in the dead of night
(everyone adores you (at least i do), matt maltese)

•••••

"what is taking him so long?" dream whispered to himself. sapnap was still yet to arrive at the coffee shop and it was beginning to stress dream out.

he was tempted to just call his sister and tell her that the whole thing is off, but he was too stubborn to give in like that.

he would wait for sapnap even if he had to wait for the rest of his life.

which it felt like he might have to.

he anxiously played with the sleeves of his sweater to distract himself. he felt like if he didn't the whole world would come crashing into him, or maybe he's just dramatic.

dream looked up at every small noise he heard praying that it was sapnap coming.

one of those noises had to be him.

dream shook his head. he wasn't even sure how long he had been sitting there, but he knew it was far too long. he stood up and walked out of the coffee shop.

he knew drista would be disappointed he bailed out but he also knew she would understand that he was practically stood up.

he began to head towards the parking lot when he saw sapnap. dream could feel his face light up with excitement.

"what took you so long!" he yelled at sapnap. the other boy threw his hands up in defense. "it's not my fault i promise! i had to walk!" sapnap defended himself. dream snickered. "excuses, excuses,"

dream was a little confused as to why sapnap didn't drive himself but he didn't care enough to ask.

dream gave his best friend a hug. "missed you." dream whispered into the boys shoulder. sapnap held him tighter. "i know you did."

once they pulled away from the embrace sapnap looked up at dream. "so, why'd you call me to come here?" sapnap asked. dreams heart rate began to raise yet again.

"can a guy not hang out with his best guy anymore?" sapnap rolled his eyes. "you can hang out with me, it's just when we typically hang out it's at your house, not in public."

dream let out a sigh. he knew he had to do this. "well, i wanted to tell you something really important." sapnap nodded. "i figured."

dream knew he could kill some time before he actually confessed. a little sugar coating never killed anyone, now did it?

"i've been thinking about this for awhile now so just know what i'm about to say has been on my mind for at least like 2 months now," dream began to laugh. "the thought was collecting dust it's so old,"

sapnap smiled at dreams comment. dream was trying his best to form the words he needed to say but it was too hard for him.

"but i've been uh, trying to build up the courage to actually say this. i've tried like multiple times to actually say it but each time i got scared and backed out."

"dream, get to the point." sapnap said with a giggle. he knew dream would get distracted and trail off, so sapnap just found the whole situation silly. dream awkwardly laughed. "sorry." he mumbled.

dream took a deep breath. it was now or never and he sure as hell wanted to make sure it was now.

"sapnap, i uhm," dream took another breath seeing as it was now harder to breathe. "i really really...want to like—well, uh, we should like—okay. uhm, i think—no, i know—"