Dance With Me

The stars twinkled in his eyes as I took his hand. I felt the softness of his fur and the purple painted nails as he turned to look at me, and he smiled, oh he smiled. I felt a smile taint my face as I pulled him up, leaning up to give him a kiss on the cheek. His purple blush was all I needed to see and I could feel myself bursting into laughter. His flustered face turned to embarassment.

I picked up a disk, placing it onto the box. The gentle music played through the empty halls of our mansion, and I leaned forward with a bow, offering him my hand. And he took mine in his again, the rings clicking together for just a moment. I pulled him into a dance, feeling the music in our steps, just as we always did. His hands guided mine as mine did his, and I could feel his footsteps on the wood just a few inches from mine.

Eyes closed, passion intertwined in the music as I he held me in his arms, his thin body wrapping around my shorter but bulkier stature. I could feel each crease of his black suit, feeling the fur on his face brushing against the top of my head as he pressed me against his chest before twirling away. Step, echoing step as I followed the way his hands moved along my arms, soft, tender, sweet. Something about it felt so right, felt so comfortable.

Ah, so this was love.

The rings on our fingers, and the bands on each of our horns. What started as a joke blossomed into more. The way he makes my heart beat faster as he grips my hand tighter. The way he makes my cheeks flush when he kisses me on the cheek like I did for him.

I woke up with a start, tears running down my cheeks.

The way he holds me so tenderly when I have a bad dream.

"Tubbo? What's wrong?"

"I had a dream. That you died. That I lost you."

The way he smiles when he makes a promise.

"Oh, I see. Well, I promise that won't happen soon."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because you're here!"

The way he caresses my cheek.

"Hey."

"Hmm? What- What is it?"

"I... I think you're pretty cool, bossman."

"Pfft. Thanks."

...Ah, so this is love.

So that must be why it hurts so much, as I stare at your body, disfigured and burned.

Just like mine.

~+~

Eat your heart out with some wholesome/angsty Beeduo.