Three

Eleanor's POV
A week later and I was throwing up at three in the morning. Maybe I was getting sick the whole time and that's why I was so emotional and clingy.

I cleaned my teeth and dragged myself back to bed. It sucked sleeping alone. Ivana had stayed over Monday and Tuesday night but she couldn't stay with me forever. Unfortunately, her parents wanted her home.

It was Monday morning now. I'd have to call in. I love my job but not enough to show up sick. I couldn't sleep again so I just pulled out my laptop and watched a movie until it was time to call in.

Technically, I wasn't really calling in. Because I'm my own boss. I was just letting my assistant know that I wouldn't be there.

After wishing me to get well soon, my assistant hung up the phone and I was about to turn it off when It buzzed with a new notification.

Ivana
Do you need me this morning? I can stop by your office xx

I pouted at the message. Sweet girl. Quickly, I typed up a response.

Eleanor
I can't come in today :(

She replied quickly.

Ivana
Why not? Are you okay?

Eleanor
Just nauseous, I'll be alright

Ivana
On my way!

Eleanor
No, baby
I'm fine
Go to school
Baby?
I don't want to get you into trouble

I sighed as the fifth message went without a reply. She's probably already in her car and on the way. I really did want to be with her but if her parents found out she was skipping, she'd get in trouble.

Plus, I'm her principal, I'm not supposed to encourage student skipping class. That's pretty much the opposite of my job.

I heard the door to my apartment open and close and then footsteps approaching. I shrunk down in the bed, hiding the bottom half of my face in the covers. I'm sure I looked horrible at the moment.

"Baby?" She asked as she stepped into my room.

She looked so hot today. Dammit.

"Hi," I said softly.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" She asked as she made her way over.

"No, I don't want to get you sick," I said.

She rolled her eyes, "I don't get sick."

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Everybody gets sick," I said.

She shook her head, "not me."

I went to argue back but she just sat down beside me with her back against the headboard and pulled me into her chest.

"Just nauseous?" She asked.

I shrugged, "I think maybe it was something I ate because I actually feel fine right now."

She hummed.