Nineteen

Ivana's POV
The first few weeks were hard for Eleanor. She was in agony. When we finally got home, our parents came to help with the baby while Eleanor was on bed rest. Our mothers did the housework and our fathers helped run errands. We were eternally grateful.

Evie settled in nicely at home. We weren't ready to put her in her nursery so we set up a crib in our room. She was a wonderful baby. She barely cried and only fussed if she needed a change or some milk.

"Where's mama? Where'd she go?" I heard Eleanor coo.

I was just hopping out of the shower. Our parents had just left after serving us dinner. I quickly pulled on some sweatpants and walked into the bedroom.

"There she is!" Eleanor cooed.

Evie kicked her legs when she saw me and I grinned at her.

"Hi, bubba," I cooed, "are you ready for bed?"

She whined and turned to rub her face in Eleanor's chest.

"I guess not," I chuckled.

I slipped under the covers beside Eleanor and helped her lift her shirt. Evie latched on by herself, her suckles strong. To be fair, she hadn't eaten since lunch. Eleanor did try to feed her before but Evie wasn't having it. She was busy cuddling her pop pop.

"I love you," Eleanor whispered.

"I love you too," I whispered back.