Eight

Ivana's POV
I paced in the waiting room, waiting for a nurse or doctor to approach me. Eleanor had been wheeled away an hour ago and I was losing my mind.

"Family of Eleanor Arty?"

I quickly turned to the nurse.

"Yes?" I asked, "is she okay? The baby? Is the baby okay?"

She smiled politely, "Ms Arty and her baby are completely fine. She was experiencing severe cramps caused by a bladder infection. The infection has been treated and she and the baby are recovering in room 201."

She led me to the room and I rushed to Eleanor's side. She smiled over at me, seemingly dazed from whatever drugs the doctors have given her.

"Hey," she smiled.

"Hey," I said back, "it was a UTI."

She laughed, "I forgot to pee last time we had sex."

"You scared me," I sighed out, leaning down to hug her.

"I'm sorry."

I shook my head, pressed a tender kiss to her lips. I pressed a kiss to her subtle baby bump as well and dragged a nearby chair over. I sat down and laid my head on the bed, beside her stomach.

"My assistant knows," she whispered and dragged her fingers through my hair.

"I don't care. I will drop out if I have to," I said simply.

"I don't think she'll say anything," Eleanor explained.

"One can only hope," I sighed.