Twenty Three

Ivana's POV
After a quick shower, I helped Eleanor into some pyjamas and quickly changed the bedsheets. I went downstairs to grab some ice cream for my beautiful girlfriend much to her request.

When I returned in the bedroom, she was sitting against the headboard with the breast pump on and her phone out. Her breasts had started to leak in the final round. That's when we knew to finish up.

"Your mom sent this picture," she said as I sat beside her.

She showed me her phone and it was a picture of my dad asleep on the sofa with Evie asleep on his chest.

"Aw," I cooed.

"I miss her," Eleanor pouted.

"I know, baby," I said and brought her to my chest.

We slowly the ice cream together until it was all gone. When Eleanor was done pumping, I ran the milk downstairs and then headed back up.

Eleanor was waiting patiently for me. She held her arms out expectantly and I quickly pulled her into my embrace. She rested her face in the crook of my neck as sleep slowly took us.

Evie was not pleased with us when we returned to my parents house to pick her up. She bursted into tears as soon as she saw us. Eleanor was quick to feed her.

I sat with them on the sofa and stroked Evie's teeny head as my mom told us about their night. Apparently Evie had no trouble taking a bottle. We weren't sure about that one because she had only been breastfed until last night.

"Mommy missed you," Eleanor whispered.