Chapter /4

I've been trying to remember a spell, for an hour now. Lilly and Meridan went to spy near the northern forest, while Heather, Alice and Pix try to help me, develop my magical abilities. So far, the only thing I've learned is to turn the lights on and off, remotely. The process is slow and annoying, but I shouldn't give up. Honestly, it's much harder than I expected.

By now, everyone else had already mastered their spells, except for me. I wouldn't want to fall behind. There's books scattered, absolutely everywhere around me. Right now, I'm currently reading "Fundamentals of Light Magic" and I'm getting nowhere. Frustrated, I lay flat on my back on the floor and toss the book aside.

"One more time, Ciana. Try to turn the flashlight on." Pix purrs, while sitting next to me.

"I can't do this, the pressure is too much!" I overexaggerate, as I turn to my side.

"Come on Ciana, don't give up now! You said you were an optimist. Where is your fighting spirit?" asks Alice.

"I'm a tired optimist, exhausted even. Why don't you show me, one of your spells instead?" I demand, sitting up.

"Okay then, sure." she replies.

In this moment Alice gets up from her seat and utters some sentence in a quiet tone. Then she puts her arms, up high and spreads them, while making a circular motion. Suddenly, a small whirlwind begins to form around her and she slowly starts to rise, into the air, creating wind around us all. Then she steps back on the ground and smiles, in the most content way I've ever seen.

"Woah, you're one of the coolest people, I've ever seen!" I say with admiration.

"Thank you! Heather, why don't you show her something, as well!" she offers.

"I'd love to." Heather stands up, walking in front of me.

Suddenly, all the torches inside the lair die out and this whole place gets covered, in complete darkness. Just before it gets cold, each of the torches starts to slowly relight, one by one. Meanwhile, Heather also lights the fireplace with just a flick of her hand. Now, this place feels even cozier, than before.

"You did that with such ease. I wish, I could be a fast learner." I complain.

"Don't worry, Ciana. Soon, you'll be able to have full control, over your powers." Pix assures me.

At that moment Meridan and Lilly enter, the lair. It looks like they have some pretty important information, to tell us. They sit down in front of us and Meridan pulls something out of her bag.

"Look what I found." she shows us a map. "I saw it, while we were researching the Night Kingdom's base."

"It's a map of our rival's route. Apparently he'll try to cause disbalance in all the main kingdoms." Lilly adds.

"And he'll start with the fire kingdom. We need to go there, now!" Meridan continues.

"Well, what are we waiting for then? Let's go!" says Heather.

Suddenly, Pix creates a big portal before us and we all enter it. It takes us directly to the castle, of the Fire Kingdom. That's where Heather once worked, as the guardian, of the ancient magical scripts, before our rival came along and destroyed everything. Now, the castle is mostly ruins and there is no trace of the scripts. Lilly says, that the perpetrator in question is looking for us and that he's on the hunt for our necklaces. Our powers lie in them and we must not lose them. Also, she says that this creature was born from the swamp and was called Yar.