10.

Hers

Inara's phone buzzed with another notification from the group chat. She'd been expecting it, knowing that the tension surrounding Ava's boyfriend, Adam, had been building between the three of them ever since Ava announced he'd be at the party. With a sigh, she opened the chat.

✧・゚: *✧ Swifties 4life 🪩✧・゚: *✧

✧ Inara = Inara 🎀✧ Sophia = Sophia 💌✧ Scarlett = Scarlett ❤️‍🔥

✧ Inara = Inara 🎀
✧ Sophia = Sophia 💌
✧ Scarlett = Scarlett ❤️‍🔥

Scarlz👛
So... we're actually going to see Adam. Ava's Adam.

There it was. the message that none of them had wanted to send, but everyone had been thinking about.

Soph💌
Ugh, don't remind me. I thought I'd have more time to prepare mentally for this.

Inara typed slowly, her thoughts swirling. She hadn't met or spoke to Adam since him and Ava started dating. Seeing him now, at a party no less, was going to be... interesting. Awkward, maybe. But interesting.

Inaraa🎀
It's gonna be weird, right? Seeing him after all he's Ava's boyfriend?

Soph💌
So weird. But like, we have
to be cool about it. For Ava's sake.

Inara could feel the sarcasm in the chat. She knew they all felt the same. this was going to be a lot to handle. Not just seeing Adam but seeing him with Ava, who had no idea about her feelings.  She decided to tell her friends though.

Inaraa🎀
Guys, I need to tell you something, and I don't know how to start...

Soph💌
Uh oh, this sounds serious.
What's going on, Inara?

Scarlz👛
We're here for you. What's up?

Inaraa🎀
It's about Ava... and Adam.

Scarlz👛
Oh no. What happened?

Soph💌
Is this about you and Ava? I've seen
how close you've gotten lately.

Inaraa🎀
Yeah, I... I don't think I can keep pretending anymore. I really like her, guys. Like... more than a friend.

Scarlz👛
Wait... like like her? Like romantically?

Inaraa🎀
Yeah, romantically. It's been eating me up for months now. And then...  she got with Adam.

Inaraa🎀
I don't know, it felt like I was being torn apart inside. I couldn't breathe.