Chapter 1 - A new home

Fingers stretched up to the clear blue sky. A loud yawn filled the area a group that trudged tiredly on a dirt road. One of the traveling members had finished stretching their tired limbs.

"Father?" the same member of the group turned backward and faced a tall, refined-looking man.

"Mmm?" his gaze continued at the road, unfazed by his daughter's obstruction. She pouted ungrateful at his reaction.

"How much longer 'til we arrive?" the young woman questioned with a bothered tone.

"About an hour and a half longer," he kept his pace and passed her up as she stopped abruptly.

"Ugh... This trip has been too long! We could've been there by now if we weren't dragging those along...," the annoyed girl pointed and glared at the other two members, "Whatever! They better have a hot spring or somethin' there... I feel gross." The group continued on the road, eagerly anticipating their arrival to one of the most popular of villages known in the world...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Destination:
Konoha
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello. I was wondering if you know where the nearest market is?" a young woman asked a ninja guard at the entrance of the village while she awkwardly handed him her identification booklet. The guard proceeded to stamp it and give her instructions on what paths to follow to find some food stalls. She thanked him and gave him a nervous grin.

'Well... I guess it's not that noticible...' She shrugged it off and made her way into the large and bustling city.

The young traveler walked around aimlessly for a hald an hour, hoping to find somewhere to buy groceries. She had tried to follow the guard's directions but it proved more difficult since she was unaccompanied. After walking around for half an hour more, her luck finally struck. A few randow food stalls were located on a long street she strolled into. She quickly but carefully made her way to one of them. The stall keep greeted her with a smile,

"Let's see... Hmmmm... mmmmm... hmmmm...." the young woman happily hummed as she grazed through the fruits and vegetables before her. 'Cabbages... carrots... apples...'
"Oh! Oranges!" her face gleamed in delight as she found one of her favorites. And right as she reached out to get one...

*POW!*

She collapses onto the dirt ground. Someone had crashed right into her causing her fall and spill all of the oranges onto the street.

'Ouch...' She rubbed her arm after sat up.

"Sorry about that!! I really wasn't watching..." a young man breathing heavily from his running apologized.

"I-It's okay..." she stumbled around as she tried to get up.

"Here, let me help you." He extended his hand to her.

"Hmmmm..." her hand reached for him in an odd way. The young man looked at her funny, shrugged and grabbed her by the arm to stand her up. In the processes, she took note of his distinct spiked hair and odd markings on his cheeks but then,

"Hey! My oranges." The stall keep yelled at the assumed troublemakers.

"Oh my... I dropped all the oranges... hmmmm..." she covered her mouth in embarrassment. The oranges had scattered into different directions.

"It's alright, I'll help you. It's my fault anyway," the young man scratched the back of his head and giggled nervously. She smiled at him gratefully and thanked him. The boy then got on his knees and began to pick up some the oranges. Something odd caught his attention while he placed some oranges back on the stall – the young woman hummed as she bent and reached strangely for the oranges near her.