Chapter 6

"How was your day?" Red asked, sitting down beside me and Feather. "I caught a fish!"

"Everyone knows you caught a dumb fish." I muttered under my breath. Feather flicked her ear, "What'd you say Raven?"

"What kind of fish did you catch?" I said, rolling my eyes. Feather smiled, "It was a trout!"

"Raven? How was your day?" Red asked, before I could say anything Feather answered, "He tied with Smokey in a race. Cloud made it more of a big deal than it is. Sorry Raven, but I doubt you're the first."

I dug my claws into the ground, I knew Cloud liked to exaggerate but Smokey actually agreed with her. Red nodded, "True, he's not the first. But Smokey has longer legs then most cats. It's quite impressive for a younger cat to tie with him."

"Oh." Feather said looking at her paws. I set my tail on Feather's shoulder, "You'll always be better at swimming than me."

"Thanks Raven." Feather said smiling.

"What else happened?" Red asked. I looked up at Red, "Moth challenged me to get to the Lake camp and back without touching the ground!"

"Did you do it?" Feather asked. I nodded, "Sure did!"

"Sounds like you two had a great day." Red said, "Make sure you get some rest alright?"

I yawned and made my way over to my nest. I laid down and closed my eyes, Red was right, I easily fell asleep.

"Hello Raven." Coal said, he stood in front of me. I flicked my tail and sat down, "How come I only see you in my dreams?"

"You're here for training." Coal said, "Not to ask dumb questions."

"But how come no one else is here? Why is it just me?"

"What'd I just say?"

"I'm here for training, but I'm doing really well!"

"But you can be better." Coal growled. I flinched, Coal has always had a bit of a temper, but this was the first time he actually got mad at me. "Sorry."

"We're wasting moonlight." Coal grunted, "Let's get started."

"What are we doing tonight?" I asked, standing up. Coal lashed his tail, "Nothing if you keep talking."

It wasn't long until I woke up, I stretched and padded away from the Oak. Smokey sat near the entrance talking with Night, the gray tabby spotted me and waved his tail, "You're with me today Raven."

"What are we doing?" I asked, as I made my way over. Smokey smiled, "What do you say about going for a hunt?"

"I'm not very good at hunting..." I said quietly. Smokey rolled his eyes, "Nonsense. You just haven't tried every way."

"There are different ways to hunt?" I asked, tipping my head to one side. Smokey nodded, "You hunt fish differently than hunting mice."

"So we're going to the beech trees?"

"I was thinking about heading over to Flower hill."

"Flower hill?"

"It's a bit of a walk, but I think it'll be fun."